Cylinder ID Help Needed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have had this cylinder sitting on my desk for a year or more. Can't remember where or how II ended up with it because most of my Single Sixes are stainless. So I answered a post a couple of weeks ago from a forum member looking for a 22lr cylinder. Sent him these pics and he is fairly certain it is NOT single six. So can anyone help with ID and give me a value on it? Would rather it ends up with someone that can use it than leave it collecting dust on my desk.

I do not think that is a Ruger cylinder, the 'bolt'; slots are too wide ( fat) ,more like a Colt or one of its clones, and the rim around the rear looks like that of an H&R but the bolt slots are wrong, H&R's are "thin ( narrow).............and the ratchets on the ' rear',,, I have never seen like those?????:unsure:(n)

rem58sport

Bearcat
Not a comment on the cylinder question, but I noticed that the flutes is one of the changes over time with SS cylinders.
L to R - Mag, Mag, LR

Attachments

• SS cylinder 3.jpeg
    SS cylinder 3.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 47
I'll throw this out - I believe it to be a Heritage due to the style of ratchet teeth, the taper of the bore at the middle of the ratchet teeth, the short flutes on the cylinder, the wide cylinder latch grooves, and the slight rim on the perimeter of the back side. Here's a pic of a heritage cylinder.
IMG_7683.jpeg

looks like a 22 cal ( Not magnum) Heritage from the pictures??
as well as the wide notch ( bolt stop)' and as to the other comments the flutes are the cutouts on the sides of the cylinder , at the front end,,, the "ratchets" are the rear end of the cylinder , that the pawl ( hand) pushes up , rotates and locks the cylinder in place, as well as the bolt "locks" into the notches....both when fitted correctly is the "timing", for the cylinder to "lock up" and be in "battery"..............
then of course there' s "head spacing" , front and rear as well as bore/chamber alignment.........and on and on and on:cool::rolleyes:;)