Custom Grip Maker

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hombre

Bearcat
I recieved a 3 pair of custom made grips for three Ruger single actions,I was not happy with the results. I had sent my stock grips to a well known grip maker to get a "rough" out on 3 sets of grips I had waited for a special piece of crotch feather walnut for over a year, then made medicine with the grip maker. I told the grip maker that I wanted the grips slightly oversized so I could wet sand my prefered oil finish to my grip frame. What did he do? You might ask. He final finished them to his grip frame, leaving no room to final fit them to my grip frame, with the grips now too undersized to my specs. I talked to Alan Harton about this and am getting work done by him from now on. David Clements does great work on Rugers also, Him and Alan do GREAT work !, you will not be diapointed with them. Done ranting for now.

Bountyhunter

Single-Sixer
If the grips are nice and you don't want them post them for sale in the classifieds. Did you talk to the grip maker about this? Did you try working things out with him, or her? Might be worth trying if you haven't. Sounds like a misunderstanding is all and not something done out of spite.

Hombre

Bearcat
Bountyhunter
Yep! I went through the email thing back and forth, even offered to talk on the phone with the now unnamed grip maker, they are done talk'n and so am I. I wish the grip maker lived a little closer, if ya know what I mean.
And no, I would not offer these grips for sale, they are firewood kindling now!!!!

batmann

Single-Sixer
My comments as well, did you talk to the grip maker? I have only had that experience once and the maker refunded my money once I returned the grips. Give them a chance, almost all will stand behind their product.

pvtschultz

Blackhawk
I offered to buy them back. But he'd rather use them for "kindling" and call around making slanderous statements about my "$hit work".

But, I'll take the high road let the previous 600 happy customers be my judge.

Mandan

Bearcat
pvtschultz;
WOW! What a beautiful bunch of grips!
Very impressive. Gonna have to do some serious thunkin.
Dan

gak

Buckeye
My numerous grip transactions with Mr. Schultz have been impeccable, both in quality and responsiveness. Can't say a bad word about him and his product.

Lee Martin

Hunter
Hombre....the tough talk is pretty low class, but I guess it's easy to do when you're not face-to-face with someone. This forum (or any for that matter) doesn't need that type of trash talk.

I've bought many sets of grips from Carl and every one has been spot on and top notch in quality. The last set I purchased he did without having the gripframe to match to and they were perfect:

Talo44Special1.jpg

Talo44Special2.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
While I've never owned a set of Pvtschultz grips,, I have seen a couple of sets. Excellent work.

And to pvtschultz; MANY thanks for the donation of your stocks for the RCA raffle gun in Harrisburg! They were beautiful.

joeyd

Bearcat
:D I have 10 sets of Carls grips, my opinion his work is remarkable and his attentoin to serving the customer unsurpassed. I have found him always to be responsive and willing to help.
I am planning set 11 now
joe
mn

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I've dealt with Pvt Shultz and have yet to have even an inkling of any negative service or work. pretty sad that one has to go this route they done and tried to "get even" and "wishing they lived closer". Threat...promise...whatever tirade the school kids use now-a-days...sad it comes to the forum. I'll still continue to go with those that have a long proven track record and take the high road. The others... hope there's a rutted road ahead...

Hombre

Bearcat
I was'nt pointing a finger at anyone, if you will kindly reread my original posts, I was just mentioning an "unnamed grip maker" that I had problems with, who will only be known by me. You guys are good at jumping to conclussions, so Y'all can take jump off a cliff for all I care.