Custom 44-40/ 44spl.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger1nut

Blackhawk
Well I final bit the bullet so to speak and here is the fruits of me patiently waiting. Ya I know its not a Ruger but it sure came out purdy!!

One of Turnbull's finest in house revolvers. 44-40 with spare 44spc engraved the same way. Elephant Ivory grips to round it out.

Tom McArdle did the engraving and gold/silver inlaid trillium.

This one was well worth the wait and the Numbers Ones that were sacrificed to aquire it.

Many Thanx to Doug, Tom and all the boys and girls at Turnbull for making this one happen.

I especially love the serial. Some guy at Turnbull took #1... Can you imagine that!! :lol:

Next step is to go dirty it up!!

Hope ya'll enjoy the pics

Dave

radicalrod

Hunter
ZERO......Dave that is nice....The guys and gals from Turnbull had a table next to me at TULSA one year....they tried to talk me into a gun....said they would make the serial number RAD ROD1....I almost did it :lol: :lol: :lol: kinda wish I had.....RR.

Ruger1nut

Blackhawk
Rod I am pretty sure that serial is still avalible. :lol: Perhaps even a 1 and 2... 1911, SAA, or AR would be your choice...

Dave

Joe S.

Hunter
My wife just fussed at me for getting drool on the clean fresh sheets.
Absolutely stunning!!

doccash

Buckeye
I really like that, great caliber choice as well. The 44-40 and 44mag. have such radically differant points of impact that the sights become a nightmare. Congratulations on a great handgun !! Dr.C

Wow. that is first class all the way. Which picture has the serial number? I can't even tell through all that engraving. I think I'd be too nervous to actually take a gun like that to the range. Congratulations.

Ruger1nut

Blackhawk
Serial can be seen in 5 and better in 6 ( down from the top)

Thanx for all the complements. I am very proud to own it.

Dave

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Well, send it to me, I got ammo in both rounds, both smokeless and black powder, I'll try it for 'ya. That makes my set of OM's converted the same way look like junk, trade 'ya, you get two for one. Beautiful piece.
HH

Latest posts