Couple of recent finds.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CajunBass

Single-Sixer
I picked up a couple of realy nice Ruger rimfires over the last few weeks. I'd sold off most of my guns when I was out of work for almost a year, but have gotten back on my feet, and thought I'd replace the 22's I'd sold with one revolver, and one semi.

Number 1 is a New Model, Single-Six that I believe to be unfired since it left the factory. It looked to be in NIB condition, with the papers, and the 22 LR cylinder still sealed in bubble wrap. What really caught my eye was the 4 3/4" barrel. I'm a big fan of shorter barrels on revolvers.

Number 2, is a 50th anniversary, MK II. I believe this one to be in NIB condition also. I cannot find a hint of carbon on the gun. The magazines still have orange "warning" stickers on them.

I know they're nothing fancy, just a couple of 22's that will be fun to shoot. I haven't had a chance to yet. I'm too old to hiking around on the foot of snow turned to ice around here.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Nice additions to your collection.

Now good luck finding some ammo to fire through your new pistolas.

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Both very nice. Curious about you buying NIB older guns to shoot. Most would probably let them unfired just because. Was the price right, or you don't like wear on guns, or? I can't own unfired safe queens so I'm with you.

CajunBass

Single-Sixer
ArmedinAZ said:
Both very nice. Curious about you buying NIB older guns to shoot. Most would probably let them unfired just because. Was the price right, or you don't like wear on guns, or? I can't own unfired safe queens so I'm with you.

To tell you the truth, I haven't really thought about it much. They were just nice guns with a price that I thought was reasonable, but not a steal. The Single-Six is just a Single-Six. Nothing special about it, as a matter of fact, it's got a blemish on the side from rubbing on the box. The dealer had a couple of other Ruger Automatics that day, but this one was just the nicest. I think it was a few bucks more, but it had the box and papers, and I'm a sucker for that. I'm sure I'll shoot it sooner or later.

My wife has both a 50th anniversary Single-Six, and an NRA Commerative MK II. We've shot the snot out of those two.

rammerjammer said:
Now good luck finding some ammo to fire through your new pistolas.

I've got a small stash of a few thousand rounds, and I don't shoot all that much anymore. I've found a box here and there that weren't outrageous. When I picked up the MK II, they had a 500 round box of Thunderbolts that they were holding back for new gun buyers, so I picked that up. So I CAN shoot them when I'm ready.

I even found 600 rounds in a range bag that I'd forgotten about.

barracudadave67

Bearcat
Cajun
I also have one of those 50th anniversary MKIIs. I bought it new. I have been tempted to fire it but so far havn't. Maybe one of these days if it ever quits *****ing snowing.
Any how good find on some nice Rugers.

barracudadave67

Shooter III

Single-Sixer
Awesome ... nice finds .... I hope you can find ammo ! My son is a Range Officer at a local range and their supplier's are saying the manufactures are doing their best to keep up with demands for .22 ammo, yet it will not be readily available until sometime in 2015. At best they get about a 1,000 rounds a week and it's gone in a couple of days