Converting a 30-30 #1 to an RSI?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Joe S.

Hunter
What would be involved in converting a #1 to an RSI configuration?

I love the RSI single shots and think the 30-30 would be a wonderful caliber for that configuration.

And I figure since they re-released the 30-30s, the old originals probably aren't as valuable any more.

RSIno1

Hunter
Joe S. said:
And I figure since they re-released the 30-30s, the old originals probably aren't as valuable any more.
Older ones have better fit/finish and wood and hold their value. Just have a 30-30 barrel made matching the profile and length of an RSI and drop it in.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Joe S. said:
What would be involved in converting a #1 to an RSI configuration?

I love the RSI single shots and think the 30-30 would be a wonderful caliber for that configuration.

What older ones? Are you referring to the 1A blue model 11346? Was my understanding at the time it was the first 30-30 Ruger ever made, that was maybe 8 years ago? Certainly not made in the era of really nice wood and exceptional craftsmanship, some were circassian though. Most recent K1A 21317. I don't think the stainless version would devalue the blue one, but I could be wrong.

To your original question, I had the same thought, custom forend and adapting a nose cap (not sure what they're called) and seems like you would be in business, that cap thing should be easy

Joe S.

Hunter
Yes that is the one I am talking about. 8 years or so ago.

I guess I could find one in 270 or something and have it rebarrelled. That seems to be the only one I ever find.