components are on the shelf

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Components have started showing up so if you're needing some, better start looking. Over the last few days, I've spent more than I should but can't pass an opportunity to restock. I even found CCI 400(small rifle) which I'd had on BO at a couple of places for 6-8 months. Powder and bullets are also showing up if you're not too choosy about what you can use. Most of what I've been wanting is for .223 rifle but not long ago, I got a BO for small pistol primers that had been on the books for over 6 months.
I've got enough bullets to load 5-6K of 9mm over the next couple of weeks and then probably shift to 38Sp. Got a new setup for .223 that may need a little tweaking but that'll be running soon.

6gun

Hunter
Still very spotty, I noticed Cabela's had some bullets back in stock the Horandy 140gr. 357 XTP's I like to load for my carry gun, last box of 100 I bought was $16,99 now that they are back in stock they are marked $25,00 needless to say they can keep them and shove them you know where, I'll shoot cast before I pay those kind of prices, Cabela's had zero powder in stock and few primers of course what they did have the price was jacked up also 8 or 9 bucks.

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
6gun said:
Still very spotty, I noticed Cabela's had some bullets back in stock the Horandy 140gr. 357 XTP's I like to load for my carry gun, last box of 100 I bought was $16,99 now that they are back in stock they are marked $25,00 needless to say they can keep them and shove them you know where, I'll shoot cast before I pay those kind of prices, Cabela's had zero powder in stock and few primers of course what they did have the price was jacked up also 8 or 9 bucks.

Week before last I bought a "few" items from Natchez Shooters Supply, of which part of them were three boxes of the 140 gr Hornady XTP's ... $18.79 per box.

Might want to give Natchez SS a look see.

JD

6gun

Hunter
mr surveyor said:
6gun said:

Week before last I bought a "few" items from Natchez Shooters Supply, of which part of them were three boxes of the 140 gr Hornady XTP's ... $18.79 per box.

Might want to give Natchez SS a look see.

JD

Thanks for the info. I'll do that, kind of figured it was Cabela's greed not Horandy's that raise the price so high.

Let me qualify somewhat. I still have over 20,000 primers on BO from two retailers but found primers in stock at another source at a "pre-mania" price so I bought what I thought would satisfy my immediate need. We also found a big name chain store who apparently had received a LOT of powder(Son said he'd never seen so much powder on the shelves) and was actually marking it down from what most would consider a reasonable price. I won't say how much we bought but it will use most of next month's retirement check. I had basically quit reloading "generic" ammo so as to reserve what I had for specific needs.

AGE Ranger

Single-Sixer
GasGuzzler said:
I can get anything except powder.
To bad DFW area is so far away; I can get everything I need but primers and of course 22lr.

Bullets just started showing up last week.

Greebe

Single-Sixer
No luck here. Things just never show up. Been looking for small rifle primers for .223, but that seems to never happen.

I got a BO of 5K of CCI400 small rifle primers a while back and a case(12K) of Fiocchi small pistol showed up also. 3-4K of those are already used and it's about time to reorder 9mm bullets.

Greebe

Single-Sixer
Yeah I have been looking for .22 LR since the summer with no luck. This is really starting to suck.

soyarm

Bearcat
Shaking my head in disbelief. Things showing up so run out, pay too much, and restock?????? Exactly what not to do. That panic buying is what caused most of the problems in the first place. Buy what you need and let others do the same. Your type of panic is certainly going to keep prices high and fuel the greed.

Greebe

Single-Sixer
soyarm said:
Shaking my head in disbelief. Things showing up so run out, pay too much, and restock?????? Exactly what not to do. That panic buying is what caused most of the problems in the first place. Buy what you need and let others do the same. Your type of panic is certainly going to keep prices high and fuel the greed.

Yeah I would like to get some components and .22LR just to shoot. But seeing as they never show up around here I do not get to shoot anymore. Wish I would have stocked up more years ago. I do believe the panic and mass buying of ammo and components adds the the problem. However if you do not buy stuff when it is available you are in the boat with me and do not have much to shoot and what you do have you don't want to shoot because you may never get anymore. I have not been able to find .22LR in almost 2 years where I live.

I think there is more to this shortage then just people buying everything up. My local stores have not been able to get anything since this summer. Walmart has only got one case of .22LR in the past 8 months according to their people. Surly it can't just be that people are buying everything up if the stores can't get it in stock to sell it. That does not make any sense.

Tellico

Buckeye
If people would buy only what they need and not everything they see the problem would soon go away! Buying 20,000 primers or 7-10,000 bullets or 5 8lb jug of powder is what causes the shortage for all. JMHO