Cobbler

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tookalisten

Blackhawk
Picked blackberries and in the oven they went.
I got the week off and had blackberry cobbler for breakfast; not much better than that.

Ferrells-20110622-00074.jpg

Wow, the blackberries out here are just now blooming. We won't see berries for another 4-6 weeks. Been one long cold and wet spring in the NW. In fact almost all of the ski places were open for the holiday weekend with some still talking about the 55 feet of snow they got this year.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
Mom always made her blackberry cobbler with crust on the bottom and then cut strips of pie dough and laid it out checker board on the top.

Sure miss Mom, gone now for 5 years. She made the best pies, cobblers and cakes of anyone I ever knew!

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Ruger packer said,

Sure miss Mom, gone now for 5 years. She made the best pies, cobblers and cakes of anyone I ever knew!

I know exactly how you feel :cry: ! Lost my mom 3 years ago, and still miss her and her cooking everyday !

tookalisten, great job on that cobbler ! Heated, with a scoop of ice cream is how I enjoy mine ! Bet those fresh picked berries made it extra good ! :lol:

tookalisten

Blackhawk
Hugh said:
That looks great! Did you start with the crust on top, or on bottom and let it rise to the top?

I spray on a little "Pam-non stick", fill the bottom of the pan up with berries, mix up the batter and pour it right on top; so as it cooks it rises and mixed in and around the berries.

Mom always made hers with "crust on top"; but I took the easy way as I was in a hurry for some cobbler.

Hugh

Buckeye
tookalisten said:
Hugh said:
That looks great! Did you start with the crust on top, or on bottom and let it rise to the top?

I spray on a little "Pam-non stick", fill the bottom of the pan up with berries, mix up the batter and pour it right on top; so as it cooks it rises and mixed in and around the berries.

Mom always made hers with "crust on top"; but I took the easy way as I was in a hurry for some cobbler.

Thanks, I'll try it that way. I have one where I put the batter on bottom and berries on top, and most of the topping rises to the top and the rest is around inside. Have another with Bisquick where I put the berries in and drop the Bisquick in bits all over the top.

Viking Queen

Blackhawk
I knew I shouldn't open this thread this time of night.

Now I'm drooling and all hungry and everything.

Yummy looking. Might have to make one tomorrow, if I can go to bed all hungry now. :D

Viking Queen