Baking stuff - Cherry Cobbler

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hugh

Buckeye
Yep, I like Rugers and have a couple or so, I have a couple of pocket watches too. I also have a recipe book that I have been building these past four years or so. Recipes from various sources, and of course my own inventions. Right now there are about 170 recipes in my book. There are several pie and cobbler recipes. Recently found a vary basic, simple, recipe for cherry cobbler. Some perfectionists may call this cobbler by some other name; they'll just have to get over it because I call it a cobbler. Made one about five days ago and it is all gone. Had a cup of milk left so I made another one today. Here is my tart cherry cobbler; I'll post the recipe if it is important enough.
znja.jpg

Hugh

Buckeye
Here yuh go.

CHERRY COBBLER

Ingredients

1/2 cup (a stick) unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar, divided
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup milk
2 (14.5 oz.) cans pitted tart cherries

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Melt the butter and put it in an 8x8 inch or similarly sized baking dish.

Blend 2/3 cup of sugar, flour, and baking powder. Mix in the milk to form a batter. Spoon or pour the batter into the baking dish on top of the melted butter.

Drain the cherries well and fold 1/3 cup sugar into the cherries with a slotted spoon, then with a slotted spoon place them on top of the batter. Bake for 60 minutes or so until golden. The batter will come to the top during baking.

Serve warm or cold. French vanilla ice cream on top is good.

Enjoy.

Note: Just remember, the oven temperature and cooking time is for my elevation of 4364 feet above sea level. Folks at sea level may not need to bake for as long. After about 30 minutes you might want to.