CMD...Two-Toned To All Stainless

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eo1bart

Bearcat
Well Mac A, you've inspired me to change the black parts on my full size sr1911. I just ordered
an Ed Brown mag. catch and thumb safety from Midway. I'm probably going to go with the hard chrome on the grip safety and mainspring housing, in order to avoid having to fit those parts.. Still undecided on the slide stop and the hammer.

MacA

Bearcat
jimjc said:
MacA....You just saved me money/work. I was going to buy SS parts for my CMD and fit them but why do that I`ll just have them Hard chromed and be done with it.

eo1bart said:
Well Mac A, you've inspired me to change the black parts on my full size sr1911. I just ordered an Ed Brown mag. catch and thumb safety from Midway. I'm probably going to go with the hard chrome on the grip safety and mainspring housing, in order to avoid having to fit those parts.. Still undecided on the slide stop and the hammer.

Excellent! I highly recommend Metaloy. You won't be disappointed!! 8)

eo1bart

Bearcat
Excellent! I highly recommend Metaloy. You won't be disappointed!! 8)[/quote]

I mailed Chris at Metaloy. Looks like the time frame will 4-5 weeks for the work. I'm going to do a little shooting this week and then strip it down next weekend and send out the parts

revhigh

Hawkeye
eo1bart said:
Excellent! I highly recommend Metaloy. You won't be disappointed!! 8)

I mailed Chris at Metaloy. Looks like the time frame will 4-5 weeks for the work. I'm going to do a little shooting this week and then strip it down next weekend and send out the parts

Please show us pics when you get it back !

Did they give you a price for all the parts ? And if so what was it if you don't mind saying ?

REV

eo1bart

Bearcat
Did they give you a price for all the parts ? And if so what was it if you don't mind saying ?

REV[/quote]

This is what I'm sending him;
- Mainspring housing
- Beavertail Grip Safety
- Hammer
- Slide stop

The price quoted was;
$11.00 each part and return shipping is $6.50 without insurance, $18.00 with insurance.

revhigh

Hawkeye
eo1bart said:

REV

This is what I'm sending him;
- Mainspring housing
- Beavertail Grip Safety
- Hammer
- Slide stop

The price quoted was;
$11.00 each part and return shipping is $6.50 without insurance, $18.00 with insurance.

Nice ! I'll bet they get a lot of business from members here if yours looks great.

REV

MacA

Bearcat
eo1bart said:
Looks like the time frame will 4-5 weeks for the work.

Unless he has gotten extra busy, I bet you get them back faster than that. Good luck! and POST PICS!!! :D

steenroller

Bearcat
I am looking for a SR1911 commander. I think I have a SS slide stop around here and I will replace the mainspring housing with a SS arched one just because it seems to fit my hand better. I may have to keep this thread in mind for when the rest of the 2-tone look wears on me. Right now I have two full size Springers, one SS and one parkerized.

bentblade

Single-Sixer
Just a quick thought.
If you have a new gun you might want to shoot it a little before you send the parts off to be refinished, just to make sure you dont have any problems that might have to be fixed by Ruger, they may void the warranty and not repair it or you might get the gun back with black parts.
Just a thought .
Im thinking about having the black parts hard chomed also but going to wait until i'm sure the gun shoots ok.

modrifle3

Buckeye
I checked out Metaloy and they seem to do nice work. Considering getting a frame and slide done.