Clarification sign for posted businessess

Help Support Ruger Forum:

vito

Hunter
I truly believe that most of the non-gun involved public has no real idea of the consequences of a business posting a "No Guns Allowed" sign. I suggest making up new signs and offering it to these businessess, free of charge as a public service, to help their customers understand with clarity what it means to be a Gun Free Zone. The sign would read as follows:

We want to avoid unnecessary gun violence, so we are asking criminals who intend coming to this establishment to rob us, and/or rob and molest/rape/murder our customers that their guns are not allowed here. Criminals will then conduct their robbery, rape and murder unarmed and we will all be safer because guns will not be present. Please ignore the reality that most mass shootings have taken place in "gun free zones" and PLEASE just trust that our signs will achieve their intended purpose. We appreciate doing business with honest citizens and trust that you will feel safer knowing we are very disapproving of criminals coming here with firearms.

Do you think it would be helpful?

stevemb

Hunter
I've talked to the "no guns" people. They don't/won't get it. they are more liable if taking away my rights. Murder and robbery is already against the law.

RonT

Buckeye
Something shorter pasted under the sign:
ARMED CRIMINALS WELCOME

wwb

Hunter
Come up to my hunting cabin in Minnesota and you'll see a sign that reads:

FIREARMS REQUIRED
THIS IS A CRIMINAL-FREE ZONE

I always thought the best sign would be a simple: "no illegal guns" allowed .... even though I've been told that this is technically grammaticality incorrect....

Rancher Will

Blackhawk
It was a first for me a week ago. On a business trip to Indiana, driving on I-80 in Illinois, I stopped at a Rest Area West of Chicago. On the door of the Rest Area was a sign indicating that no firearms were allowed inside. I had never seen a "No firearms allowed" sign on any location in Colorado or Wyoming where I live and work. I stopped and looked at it for a moment to make sure what it said.

I was carrying my S&W Model 29 and I went right on in and had no problem carrying past the sign. I guess that makes me a criminal in Illinois. If they get a warrant out for me, let them just try to serve it here on one of my ranches.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Someone has been known to slap an NRA decal over the NGA labels in these parts.

Actually Gramps, only the government or gov't entity can violate such an amendment. A private business can ban guns (2nd), newspapers or cameras (1st), or even speech (1st) or others as a condition of entering their establishment. For instance, one signs away their Fourth Amendment right with a membership to Costco or Sam's Club, and agrees to bodily searches at the whim of any store employee (read your membership contract).
And yes, rancher will committed a criminal act... if the building were a bank or gov't building, he might be a felon. We cannot make up our own laws once they are established, nor choose which laws to disobey. That practice would make one an anarchist.

I sometimes ask if the NGA signs ..."include law enforcement?" - Because in fact I only carry my gun for law enforcement purposes. (In my state, Citizens have the same powers of arrest and detainment as badged civil servants). Then I go on my business at my choice.

Precision32

Blackhawk
mohavesam said:
We cannot make up our own laws once they are established, nor choose which laws to disobey. That practice would make one an anarchist.

This can't be true! Obummer makes up, changes and ignores laws all the time. You'd think he was King or something.

Taterman

Buckeye
Rancher Will said:
It was a first for me a week ago. On a business trip to Indiana, driving on I-80 in Illinois, I stopped at a Rest Area West of Chicago. On the door of the Rest Area was a sign indicating that no firearms were allowed inside. I had never seen a "No firearms allowed" sign on any location in Colorado or Wyoming where I live and work. I stopped and looked at it for a moment to make sure what it said.

I was carrying my S&W Model 29 and I went right on in and had no problem carrying past the sign. I guess that makes me a criminal in Illinois. If they get a warrant out for me, let them just try to serve it here on one of my ranches.

I'm sorry to hear you had to pass through Illinois. Those signs are everywhere.
When CC was forced upon the state, it took them over a year (right up to deadline) to come up with all the restrictions. CC is a joke in this state. 16 hrs. mandatory training for the license, huge fees...

graygun

Hunter
Seems our leaders are practical anarchists (or something akin to it) but just call it exercising "change".

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Last I heard, the only acceptable 'no guns allowed' signs for businesses in the State of Florida were issued by the Dept of Agriculture, the same dept that issues CWP's. The rest of the signs didn't mean squat!

Latest posts