Cimarron Arms Chiappa Sharps Carbine .50-70 Government

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
I finally got my hands on a Sharps 1863 carbine last month, this one being a Chiappa version, Shiloh Sharps no longer offers this one anymore. Not to mention I wanted something different than .45-70 so I went with the .50-70 Government.
With the weather and of course the panic over everything, it took a while to get to the range, which I did this past week. I found brass and bullets easy enough and found a Lyman mold but I haven't cast for it yet, I bought fifty 50 bullets from Montana Bullet Works, these being 425 grain #515141's. I loaded it with 12 grains of Unique which is on the lower end of the power band. I finally got it to the range, I only fired a couple rounds just to see where it ends up. I threw the first one to the right, but the next three grouped pretty nicely, at 30 yards the group is about 1 1/4". Recoil is pleasant, and the sound the gun makes is enough to make you get the vapors.
The Chiappa gun is beautiful, case coloring is excellent, and the gun is just a joy overall. Can't wait to load up some more rounds and stretch it out a bit.

rctDViq.jpg

L8HYgXY.jpg

X0yLg1q.jpg

ER6bV29.jpg