christmas security six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wrounsifer

Bearcat
My dad gave me a 1973 blued security six for xmas, I looked but could find any grip options other than stock since it is a 150 prefix. Any suggestions Thanks Bill

contender

Ruger Guru
Unfortunately,, due to the frame changes,, and the age of that gun,, I do not think anyone is offering anything for them currently. However,, I'm sure any small grip maker could make you a set. We have a few grip makers here that hopefully could help.

Flash

Buckeye
Nice gift. I recently aquired a low back myself and as Contender stated, their grips are hard to come by. Ajax made some back in the day and I even had a set but they were the same profile but of another material. They were a laminated grip of sorts but only the first 3/16" from the frame, the rest was walnut but some styles looked like marble toilet seats from the 1960's. You're not missing anything, trust me. In my opinion, there's more character in the originals.

Bobberfishin

Single-Sixer
If you go to Gunbroker.com & search in the parts section under pistols, click on the word Grips in the top banner & then type in "Ruger Security" you'll come up w/ all the grips people have posted. I've been there a bunch the last 4 or 5 days searching for a specific set of grips for my Security Sixes. You'll see a few people have sets of the older grips for the 150 series (earlier Security Sixes) by Herretts, & Sile.

ps - Make sure the grip screw is included - if it doesn't say it's included assume it's not. Sometimes it's a bear to find the exact screw. Some only have threads at the end of the screw. Check it out.

Latest posts