Chl class w/ SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SR9cLandon

Bearcat
I recently took a concealed handgun course here in Tx with my new SR9c and I must say that I was impressed. Out of the 12 or so in my class I had the tightest grouping on the target.... Even though I had the only "compact" gun. I haven't touched the sights at all either.. So that says alot for the out of box accuracy. The only real problem with the gun is the outrageous slide serrations. Every time I would put a fresh round in the chamber.. It would slice me a bit. By the end of the 50 round test... I was almost bleeding. Haha oh well atleast they look sweet. Really good gun for anyone on the fence about it.

jhearne

Buckeye
Nice to hear Landon, I got family in Port Arthur. You can take a stone or small file to the Serrations to get the burrs off.

Josh

SR9cLandon

Bearcat
jhearne":2ksmt32g said:
Nice to hear Landon, I got family in Port Arthur. You can take a stone or small file to the Serrations to get the burrs off.

Josh

Thanks... It will definitely be on my to do list. 8)

kscott

Single-Sixer
Good to hear!! Would you happen to have the stainless slide? That seems to be the people that have the most problems with the serrations. I also have a SR9c and love it!!

SR9cLandon

Bearcat
kscott said:
Good to hear!! Would you happen to have the stainless slide? That seems to be the people that have the most problems with the serrations. I also have a SR9c and love it!![/quote

Yep.. It's the stainless slide. I heard also that the black slides were a little more gentle on the fingers. Guess I could just wear me a golf glove.. Hehe

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
You did us SR9C owners poud 8)
I love my wifes SR9C & i love my SR9 so much dang i'm thinking about trading a Taurus 38spl & a Daewoo DP51 that i never shoot in on anuther SR9C just to keep in my truck :lol:

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
jhearne":so9hwfse said:

Josh

Hey Josh, these are NOT burrs. These are sharp edges to the serrations...every one of them. You've got to experience it to love it. I wear my leather work gloves when I'm working my stainless 9c slide. How does Ruger justify something like that getting out of the shop?
Sonnytoo

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
Sonnytoo":2xg11bau said:
jhearne":2xg11bau said:

Josh

Hey Josh, these are NOT burrs. These are sharp edges to the serrations...every one of them. You've got to experience it to love it. I wear my leather work gloves when I'm working my stainless 9c slide. How does Ruger justify something like that getting out of the shop?
Now, to be fair, my Glock serrations could be sharper, but the Ruger...Wow!
Sonnytoo

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
Texasgunner":2eai2pvl said:
I love my wifes SR9C & i love my SR9 so much dang i'm thinking about trading a Taurus 38spl & a Daewoo DP51 that i never shoot in on anuther SR9C just to keep in my truck :lol:

Question for ya since you have shot both.
How does the "C" compare to the full size?
How does recoil compare?
Conceal carry- much easier to "hide"?
(you have me thinking about getting one)

Anyone know if the Ghost upgrade will also work in the "C"?

CBennett

Single-Sixer
SR9cLandon":3r8ejlqb said:
kscott":3r8ejlqb said:
Good to hear!! Would you happen to have the stainless slide? That seems to be the people that have the most problems with the serrations. I also have a SR9c and love it!![/quote

Yep.. It's the stainless slide. I heard also that the black slides were a little more gentle on the fingers. Guess I could just wear me a golf glove.. Hehe

Must be..while I would agree the slide is pretty stiff and the serrations are a bit abrasive on the black model..they are not a big problem to me.

ruger_fan

Bearcat
I used one of those cardboard ladies' fingernail files (the small grit side) on the serrations on my SR9c today.

While the serrations weren't 'drawing blood' sharp on my 9c, they were a bit 'edgy', if that makes sense.

Much better now, IMHO, and no 'slip marks' like I was scared I'd get with a small file or stone. YMMV. HTH.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
You will want to be careful not to use something to clean an edge on a stainless part that has been used previously on steel, it can cause your stainless part to actually rust.

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
waynejitsu":3ejchgwi said:
Texasgunner":3ejchgwi said:

Question for ya since you have shot both.
How does the "C" compare to the full size?
How does recoil compare?
Conceal carry- much easier to "hide"?
(you have me thinking about getting one)

Anyone know if the Ghost upgrade will also work in the "C"?

To me the SR9C is a SR9 in a smaller size with a MUCH better trigger 8)
Its of course easier to conceal & i really can tell no difference in recoil- muzzel jump maybe a tad more but not enough to notice (IMO) 8)
I'll also add that the serrations dont seem sharper at all ( my hands have 40+ yrs of ruffness but my wife has no complaints at all ) Allso the 17rd mag AND my SR9 mags have run flawlessly thru it---

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
Cool!!
I am glad you thought to add about the mags working in the "c". I didn't even think about it, but glad they work.
I hate having to buy extra mags for everything, I like when you can use the same mags for several guns, it makes it much easier and less costly too:)

I have had no trouble out of the serrations, never thought they were sharp, but again, I hand picked this one and so far, EVERYTHING has been perfect!!

Thanks for the info...

JimB120

Bearcat
TexasGunner the "C" loses a half inch in the barrel and improves the trigger.

The grip is shorter with the 10 round magazins, but if you use the 17 with adaptor it is the same size as the full grip. I think the bigger mag feels little funky, so I prefer using the 10 with pinky rest.

Otherwise it's the twin of the full size. no difference in feel, or recoil, and accuracy is spot on right out of the box. Just a pleasure to shoot! :D

I love the trigger, wouldn't want to add the Ghost, but YMMV.

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
JimB120":2bupwlhr said:
TexasGunner the "C" loses a half inch in the barrel and improves the trigger.

The grip is shorter with the 10 round magazins, but if you use the 17 with adaptor it is the same size as the full grip. I think the bigger mag feels little funky, so I prefer using the 10 with pinky rest.

Otherwise it's the twin of the full size. no difference in feel, or recoil, and accuracy is spot on right out of the box. Just a pleasure to shoot! :D

I love the trigger, wouldn't want to add the Ghost, but YMMV.

I'm not real sure what your trying to tell me that i dont know first hand but i'm 100% certain your trying to be helpfull -- THANKS 8)