Can't wait for squirrel season !

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Looks like you are set. Our season starts next month, but I usually dont go until September. I always have a pistol with me when cutting brush, putting up deer stands, or checking trail cams though, in case the opportunity is there. When actually hunting the tree rats, I either use my 10/22 with a Tactical Solutions PacLite barrel, Hogue stock, and 4x Bushnell with a circleX retical, or my 10/22 Charger with a red dot on it. Of course then there is my 10/22 Take Down, or my ....

jimbo54

Bearcat
Yeah, I always wanted a Mannlicher stocked rifle even as a kid. I really like all the new "Tech" stuff out there now, but as an "oldtimer", I still love the wood stocks and "traditional" style.

jimbo54

Bearcat
I just bought it like it is a few days ago. It has a Tasco 3-9 "Silver Antler" on it, which I'm not really wild about. I'll look around and see what I can find to go on it. I do have to say, I shot 15 rds. through it just to check it out, and the scope was "dead on" at 40 yds. That's usually not the case when you're using a scope someone else zero'd.

I've had good luck with Bushnells and their circle-X retical, and especially like them for squirrels. The circle is perfect for coveing a squirrels head and pulling the trigger. They still have a fine crosshair for target shooting.

jimbo54

Bearcat
Rumrunner, I looked at the Bushnells and I think that Banner fixed 4 X 32 would be just about right on this 10/22. Thanks for pointing them out. Only found 1 or 2 on line, looks like they go pretty quick..

cruzerlou

Buckeye
I know the feelin . Our Squirrel season starts the first Monday in sept. I have my 10/22 deluxe with a 3x9x40 BSA Classic ,illumiated rectile scope on it .If I can see one at 100 yards he's mine with that big scope on it .
Like most of them my 10/22 will drive nails at 25 yards if I do my part .
Lou

jimbo54

Bearcat
Well here it is. I went with a BSA Sweet 22 scope 3-9 X 40. The pic is not great, but it shoots good. Got it zero'd today @ 50 yds. then tried about 90 yds. and the BDC seems to work well..

IMG_20130910_163224_468.jpg

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Here the season doesn't open until Oct 4, but I'll be out there with a full-stocked 10/22 in my battery! The reward is the tassle-eared Abert's. Large squirrels that hide high in the ponderosa pines.
The full stock carries better than most rifles, and balances well for me. I have "a couple"...

Latest posts