Buffalo (water) Horn Grips for Ruger revolvers/

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jbaz

Bearcat
Does anyone out there have any experience good, bad, or otherwise, with KimSonCraft.com grip makers? They are artisans of buffalo horn pistol grips, combs, and other objects made from buffalo horn in Vietnam.
Their website shows what appear to be very nice exotic grips of horn, abalone, and mother-of-pearl at reasonable prices. After failing to scare up any information from Ruger pistoleros in this part of Arizona I decided to take a chance and ordered a pair for my short barreled .44 magnum Super Blackhawk.
So far I haven't received anything or any information from them about my order...however I remain hopeful.
jbaz

jbaz

Bearcat
Check out their website at http://kimsoncraft.com/index.php there are pictures of all of their products.
I am old enough that the shaving soap bristle brush they make has caught my eye also!

jbaz

Bearcat
Some further research (The High Road forum) reveals that KimSonCraft has ben around for five years or so and was praised by an American Handgunner article. No complaints other than slow process. It appears their business is good and so is the product.
I guess my patience reservoir needs to be refilled.

SATCOM

Blackhawk
I have a pair of cow horn grips (second hand) made by them that are satisfactory.

HOWEVER, I too placed an order with them that so far has resulted in taking my funds, providing an order number, and an empty account. Strange lack of communications after accepting order. After several weeks, I asked PayPal to help.
There is some indication of progress, but seems too slow to be completely legit. We will see.

SATCOM

SATCOM

Blackhawk
BIGDAWG,

I agree with you, however;

1. My normal grip maker, Cary of CLC Grips, is out of action ATT.

2. Multi colored horn is one material I want add to my selection of grips and have seen no American makers of such.

SATCOM