Brand New Zapata Vaquero

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ACRYLICTNK

Buckeye
People have been asking what they look like - thought I'd add a few pics - check the serial number! It pays to know people......
dzm0l.jpg

23hqfwo.jpg

r7soy0.jpg

2uyq7w2.jpg

cqeiq.jpg

n13tr8.jpg

ACRYLICTNK

Buckeye
I think this will go well with my #15 Joe Bowman Straight Shooter Vaquero (I have #10 also). Lots of gold, but I like it.

chet15

Hawkeye
Just got our #23 also. Not too bad a looking gun, a little gaudy for the gold but the faux pearl help it out.
I know this, the Zapata is a lot better quality gun than the S458N Alaskan Super Blackhawk special (with the gold Big dipper on the cylinder). Have no complaints about the gold done by Baron Technologies, but the ivory panels were done by Hogue and are very noticeably too thick at the medallion area (not pretty!!!). Heard Ruger and Baron are both very unhappy with Hogue's grips (which do not fit the grip frame well either!!). Many guns sent back to have them fixed (including our AK-00161).
Chet15

RD18

Single-Sixer
Well after a long wait I now have the proto- type in my hands it is a little different in that it is stainless and the barrel markings are on (I think) the opposite sides --S/N 510-57712 and Emiliano Zapata on right side Es Major De Pie Que Vivir De Rodillas on left side, it is a .357 not a .45 the Engraving is a little different also, done in black and gold, the grips have no red and have an inlaid black eagle on gold. As noted by Talo only one was made yet it is # 1 of 200 0n the butt of the grip. Russ

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Very Nice Mike!!! Excellent Serial# :D
With #15 JB Special all you need now are both
JW specials in blue and SS # 15! oops! you also
will need #15 Alaskan Anniversity model........
:mrgreen:
Thanks for sharing!!
Terry

Latest posts