Boycott Cabelas! .22lr 199.99 per brick

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
One more thing for the detractors: Would your life as a sportsman be better if there was no Cabelas? This is a serious question. For those of you railing against Cabelas, do you really want to see them gone because that is what you are promoting.
Whenever a business does ONE thing somebody doesn't like, that person wants them protested, boycotted, and run out of town on a rail. I sure like having a Cabelas I can call and get pretty much anything I need quickly and of high quality.
More options are good, not bad.

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
Well, first, I'm a cash only kinda guy for the most part as that's how I was raised. The credit cards I have are through my USAA and Target, the companies that continue to be consistent in providing excellent service to their customer base....oh yeah, they too, offer exceptional rewards programs....so I don't need friggin Cabela's for that, lol! But I can appreciate how they, once again, followed suit and provide the "Donkeys" with water ;)

Secondly, I am surely not trying to ride them outta town, in fact if ya could've read my posts a bit more in depth, you'd see me asking, Cabela's, help me, help you(once again proving ya don't get the point) as well as my sincere concern for their employees in that they are not benefiting in anyway from corporate's decisions, just taking the brunt of the customer base's disgust with current events and corporate's decisions.

Thirdly, to answer your question seiously....as a Sportsman, I lived an avid sportsman's life for 22 years without once setting foot in a Cabela's or making an online purchase through them( so my life would be just fine again without em'); owned more guns and ammo and gear than I do now even AND live in San Diego, where I was born n raised. One of the high points of moving out here to AZ was the Cabela's experience and supporting local business....it's just that those days are closing in for me and them. This, again, is all because when I ask them questions about things and the workers on the floor all the way up to the desk jockeys, I receive the run around instead of the steps they are taking to help there customers from a purchasing standpoint(interperate that however you'd like).

Look, I can remember when Sears, Woolworths, etc., as well as plenty of drug stores carried what us Sportsmen needed to do what we love, it was chains like Cabela's and "Donkeys" at the corporate levels shoved them outta the game, and until now I didn't realize who the real "bully" was here.

I don't get the whole teeth chattering comment, 9x19, as the keyboard makes more noice than my teeth when taking these couple minutes to express my strong and true convictions, just thought there may be more like me here, not LESS, lol! It was kinda funny, though, I see your point, but I have a good humor and an OPEN mind. ;) I mean, really, is it killing you to read a little here....? I know opinions are like back doors, and yes, I have both. :)

I don't care if Cabela's closes or not. Real Sportsmen and Frontiersmen don't NEED a damn Cabela's and you can bet on that, ndcowboy. :)

Kanook

Buckeye
http://www.ammunitionstore.com/products/22lr-ammo-lapua-40gr-midas-plus-500-rounds.html

Time to boycott ammunitionstore as well then.

Just for giggles, stop in your LGS and ask how much it would cost for them to order a brick of this ammo and see how much they charge. Mine was $250 plus $15 tax.

Did anybody notice how much this ammo was before the hoarding began? From what I can find, it's the same price. No gouging from what I can find.

Buffalo Bore sells 44mag ammo for $44 a box of 20, don't hear people saying to boycott them.

mickeyboat

Bearcat
bedrockfred said:
ok, i say, wrap it up! i put my info out here. over 500 lookers, a few Cableas fans, you get it, or you dont. I won't go back.__bedrockfred
Looks like it is time for Az to extend it's border fences to keep Californians like you from crossing the border.

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
Kanook said:
http://www.ammunitionstore.com/products/22lr-ammo-lapua-40gr-midas-plus-500-rounds.html

Time to boycott ammunitionstore as well then.

Just for giggles, stop in your LGS and ask how much it would cost for them to order a brick of this ammo and see how much they charge. Mine was $250 plus $15 tax.

Did anybody notice how much this ammo was before the hoarding began? From what I can find, it's the same price. No gouging from what I can find.

Buffalo Bore sells 44mag ammo for $44 a box of 20, don't hear people saying to boycott them.

Don't need to bother stopping in anywhere, I'm set, here's about 1/6th of my supply!

And furthermore, if I used ammunitionstore, I would do the same(but don't so in theory, I've already boycotted them suckers). I have stopped using Midway, Natchez, Cheaper Than Dirt and a few others as well, much earlier than Cabela's for the same reasons, partner(the Cabela's issue has just hit WAY to close to home to lie down and be ran over with)....this ain't my first rodeo by any stretch, lol! It is getting oh so very amusing to me at this point the way some here are reading(or not reading) into things BWHAHAHA to you, and them, Sir!

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
mickeyboat said:
bedrockfred said:
ok, i say, wrap it up! i put my info out here. over 500 lookers, a few Cableas fans, you get it, or you dont. I won't go back.__bedrockfred
Looks like it is time for Az to extend it's border fences to keep Californians like you from crossing the border.

Lol! You funny guy, boatboy.

I can burn like a magnesium fire....bring the fight-to the fight....do what's right for those with no rights....and on top of all that....be POLITE!

God created me with an upright spine and a great mind....put me on a land where I can use them and I do....ALL THE TIME!

I see no borders....only challenges....and a good man is always up for a challenge!

Enjoy your Friday gentlemen!

mickeyboat

Bearcat
The Sturminator said:
mickeyboat said:
bedrockfred said:

I can burn like a magnesium fire....bring the fight-to the fight....do what's right for those with no rights....and on top of all that....be POLITE!

God created me with an upright spine and a great mind....put me on a land where I can use them and I do....ALL THE TIME!

I see no borders....only challenges....and a good man is always up for a challenge!

Your photo is very telling. Either you are a 4 year old with those pants or a terrorist. I vote 4 year old. Which is it?

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
Lol!

Again, you funny. I wish I was four again, that's when I was first introduced into how to be a great sportsman AND defend myself. You obviously have not seen A Christmas Story, nor can you make the humorous connection here....with last years 6'-0" X-mas tree, with a 1'-0" angel on it, behind me....man, you really are dense....makes me wonder....what else you voted for "O", HAHAHAHAHA!

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
Look all, don't be so sensitive and quick to judge....heck, I'll still hold the door for ya and always use please and thank you's....no matter what.

I love you guys!

Time to get at my job, estimating metal work to help actually build this great state of Arizona....what do you do for your state(prolly nuthin')....? You all in El Paso seen that copper scrim over the winows on that new Federal Courthouse of yours....I bid that, fab & install....and was awarded through GSA, under budget and on-time, so I guess I am also helping build your great state and the protection of your values and freedoms, too....did the same in San Diego, as well.

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
Also bid and was awarded all the fab & install for the photovoltaic panel brackets at the new Washington Redskins statium in D.C.

So since ol Kanook is playing the name that tune game, lol ;), as ZZ Top puts it...."Cuz I'm bad, bad, bad, bad, bad....I'm nation wide!"

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
And the new FBI Building here in Phx got my Aluminum Fingerprint signage out in front of their building....was actually the architect's fingerprint upscaled on a huge chunk of waterjet aluminum, I am more of a problem solver, than a problem maker....again, what do you do for your state(s)? ;)

I do love this country, still!

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
mickeyboat said:
Your photo is very telling. Either you are a 4 year old with those pants or a terrorist. I vote 4 year old. Which is it?

In fact, I'd skip lunch all summer just to save enough money to buy you a plane ticket out here to say I'm a terrorist to my face....good thing you're vote counts in my book. ;)

Arizonakid

Bearcat
Sturminator, that's all the ammo you have? Slacker lol! Hey I picked up a box of 22lr at Walmart on Wednesday for $21, the gentleman behind me asked if there was anymore and of coarse there wasn't. I told him that cabelas has 500rnd bricks in stock for $199 and he almost threw up.

mickeyboat

Bearcat
The Sturminator said:
mickeyboat said:
bedrockfred said:

Took a while to locate an address, but emailed your cute photo to your company for their giggles. You seemed so proud of it. :D

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
mickeyboat said:
Took a while to locate an address, but emailed your cute photo to your company for their giggles. You seemed so proud of it. :D

You should have just asked me for it, dodo-bird, in fact my boss liked this AR-10 so much, it's his now....and yes, he's just as proud of it. My sales manager is also a Class III kinda guy with a helluva collection, too, like ours.

What does the dad always call the kids on "That 70's Show" again?....Oh yeah, I remember now, that's you boatboy.... :roll: It is way too easy to get you to waste not only your money, but also your time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.