Boycott Cabelas! .22lr 199.99 per brick

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

6gun

Hunter
I was in my local Cabelas today they had one brick of Aguila 22RL for $78.99 :shock: and a shippment of CCI standard velocity 100 round plastic packs for $9.99 one only limit on the CCI, I did see a guy at the checkout with the brick of Aguila I passed on because of price, they also had a shippment of Winchester Primers I got me 1000 small pistol $37.99, back in December they were $34.99 so they raised the price a few bucks.

Stopped at Walmart all they had was Remington Thunderbolt 22RL 50 round boxes limit 3 $2.09 a box normaly I wouldn't buy this crap but the pickings are small right now, so I added to my supply a tiny bit today.

Oh and there was about 12 boxes of Winchester 5.56 on the shelf I passed on those at $12.99 didn't really need any.

9x19

Hunter
bedrockfred said:
9x19 hope your supply of .22 is lifetime. __bedrockfred

Depends on how long I live... I'm down to about 12,000 rounds at the moment. :mrgreen:

So you'd rather Cabelas have no .22LR ammo, as opposed to having match grade ammo?

I suspect the bench rest folks may appreciate that Cabelas continues to offer ammo they like, as opposed to that bulk stuff that isn't competitive.

Of course, you are free to boycott anybody you wish, but your reasons are silly, IMHO.

mickeyboat

Bearcat
bedrockfred said:
cabelas only has Lapua .22lr ammo on there shelfs . for 1 500rd brick, 199.99 what the f I bedrockfred will Not buy anything there again!. (edit for spelling, iam so mad, i cant!)
So what is a fair price for Olympic quality ammo?

mickeyboat

Bearcat
I was in the Cabelas Olympia Wa store a couple days ago. They had lots of ammo but not some popular pistol ammo or 22s. They did have small pistol primers but no shotgun primers. Looks like ammo supply might be starting to catch up with buyers hoarding.

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
mickeyboat said:
bedrockfred said:
cabelas only has Lapua .22lr ammo on there shelfs . for 1 500rd brick, 199.99 what the f I bedrockfred will Not buy anything there again!. (edit for spelling, iam so mad, i cant!)
So what is a fair price for Olympic quality ammo?

That is the "fair" price for Olympic grade ammo, dipped in Sgt. 1st Class Jason Parker's sweat. :lol:

Read post #5 on pg. 2 here, partner. Although bedrockfred's initial post is semi-misleading(to most that have posted here anyways), in that it might make you think the outrage is at the price of this U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit member's sweat soaked rounds, when in fact it is not. I, too have enjoyed finer days at Cabela's Glendale and for as much as my blue collar butt has spent in there, I should be handed one of these Gem Bricks, instead of my Cabela's buck$, lol(JK). But in all seriousness....Seriously, read post 5 here on pg. 2, does it bother you at all that a large outfitter supply chain is packing the shelf with the "bait bricks" of the good stuff in order to make their little 50 round boxes at $5.99 + 9.5% tax (again $0.12+ per round of plinkin stuff) seem like a "great deal", just because "everyone else is doin' it"? Our feeling is that this ain't the right thing to do. They have tons of empty, plastic Cabela's ammo cans sitting on pallets, fill them suckers with the stupid 50-round chump packs and give customers like bedrockfred and myself something to buy that will hold us over for a long while, at a reasonable, large chain price....I know, some will say, "The purchasing agent is at the mercy of the market....yatta, yatta, yatta...." Well, again, our thought is, Fight Back! Hell, we'll even support ya Cabela's, tell us how we can help! Heck, I'd give my I.D. card, my phone number, call me when my bucket is packed, I'll pay for it, just not $0.12+ per round of .22 plinking stuff for cryin' out loud. They/you all can defend the great American free market all ya'll want but to some of us with grit....this just rubs us the wrong way....and feels, well, wrong.

If you're ok with this and keep buying plinking ammo for $0.12+ per round....it will just creep up from there....enjoy!

mickeyboat

Bearcat
Do you really believe Cabelas is not putting all the ammo they can get on their shelves? If you do, you are a fool. It is very reasonable the only 22 ammo that can stay on the shelf is expensive Olympic quality ammo.

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
mickeyboat,

I failed to picture the hundreds of 50-round puny packs they had on the shelf just above....yeah I'm the fool, lmfao!

Bottom line is, when Cabelas corporate and the employees dance around the questions asked about why they won't bulk up the 50-packs for a one-time purchase, it's suspicious AND shady, IMO.

As I stated in previous post as well, it's not like any of the workers at ammo mfg or Cabela's is reaping the rewards of 22 going up in price, like raises or better benefits for them and/or their families....so why the hike on plinking junk? Why not put them 50 packs in the big plastic Cabelas ammo cans and give us ALL a break? You'll never get it, so don't sweat it ;)

mickeyboat

Bearcat
The Sturminator said:
mickeyboat,

I failed to picture the hundreds of 50-round puny packs they had on the shelf just above....yeah I'm the fool, lmfao!

Bottom line is, when Cabelas corporate and the employees dance around the questions asked about why they won't bulk up the 50-packs for a one-time purchase, it's suspicious AND shady, IMO.

As I stated in previous post as well, it's not like any of the workers at ammo mfg or Cabela's is reaping the rewards of 22 going up in price, like raises or better benefits for them and/or their families....so why the hike on plinking junk? Why not put them 50 packs in the big plastic Cabelas ammo cans and give us ALL a break? You'll never get it, so don't sweat it ;)

Based on your protest, just placed an order for over $500 with Cabelas for outdoor wear, some cleaning equipment, new boots, and some boat electronics. Hope others do the same.

9x19

Hunter
So, you are complaining about Cabela's price on 50 round boxes of some other brand of .22LR?

If it is standard bulk-produced ammo like Federal Champion or Win Super X, then $5.99 is over priced... but then just about eveything I saw at the Cabelas in N. Tx was over-priced, so I shop elsewhere anyway.

The local Wal-Mart sells Federal bulk packs (325 rounds) for $9.97 and had some just a few weeks ago. Of course it didn't last the morning, but there are lots of folks who didn't build up any supply after the 2009 silliness, so there is lots of competition for it.

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
Who? Me? No, I am simply wondering why so many are ok with $0.12+ per round on plinkin 22lr....no big deal, keep on keepin on. It's ok, I'm sure it'll all go back to normal someday, right?

I'm not going to complain about current prices since I've got thousands of rounds at past prices stocked up for the winter, summer, spring and fall, but with 13 1911's, a shelf full of Rugers, an AR, "a shotgun rifle and a four wheel drive, a country boy can survive!"

bedrockfred

Blackhawk
ok, i say, wrap it up! i put my info out here. over 500 lookers, a few Cableas fans, you get it, or you dont. I won't go back.__bedrockfred

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
I still like Cableas.

I've had their credit card for years. Pay it off in full end of every month. Get free stuff. Doesn't get much better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.