Boy Scout 10/22 comm.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

thewiz828

Single-Sixer
Question for the experts. I have a Boy Scout commentative, NIB I was saving for the grandson. With the Boy Scouts changing their name to Scouting USA, is it forseeable that this rifle will go up in value since it only celebrates the anniversary of the BOY scouts. I have half a notion to just sell it because there will no longer be a so called Boy Scouts of America due to the woke society taking over our great country.

Thanks in advance, Steve

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Commemorative models are generally not worth more than common models. If he is a Scout, I would keep it to give it to him anyway. If he's not, there's no point anyway.

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Those were a Talo . From what I've seen the value on those Boy Scout 10/22 have really gone up in value for some reason. Some additional information is some the word COURAGE was spelled incorrect.

contender

Ruger Guru
Back when they were introduced,, I managed to get the 10/22 with the same serial number as my Troop number. As a 50 year Scouter,, it's still special to me.

As RPM has mentioned,, they have appreciated in value. I'd hang onto it for your grandson. And I'd buy a companion one for him to try & wear out!

contender

Ruger Guru
I just looked at mine,, as RPM's post got me to thinking.

Nowhere on my BSA Edition is the word "Courage" is used.

Where did that info come from Rick?

contender

Ruger Guru
It would have to be the word; "Courteous" as the grip cap area has the 12 points of the Scout Law there. (Mine is not mis-spelled.)

G2

Hunter
IMO ,,, the BOY Scout 10-22 will increase in value, Supply & Demand.
Us us old guys get older we want to live our past.
There will be those Boy Scouts that didn't, now want one & have the cash.

Excuse the RANT:
With the loss of BOY,,,,
BOY Scouting is a thing of the past, like a lot of things from the past…🙄

SCOUTING, will have its place, it will be different, some of the differences will be good and the rest will well different, if one is of positive mind.

We can only move forward, can't really change what happened yesterday/ history. Hopefully we learn from it.

Latest posts