Bonus points to anyone that can name these two guns!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

I'll give nothing (but a lot of respect) to the first one that can name these two pistols of mine, maker and model, caliber is 9mm so that's not important::)

Picture056.jpg

Picture055.jpg

My hand gun family photo. I have a lot more than this, but just hand guns in this one:
Picture057.jpg

Snake45

Hawkeye
The bigger one is a Star. Might have been called a Model 28 or Model 30, something like that?

The lower might be some sort of Star Firestar. I think there were several different variants of these.

I used to know all this stuff. You should have asked me 20 or 30 years ago. :oops:

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
89grand ... this one is actually pretty easy as a good friend of mine has several Stars and Firestars in his collection. The one on top appears to be a Star model 30 & the other appears to be a Firestar model 43 (he also has a Firestar model 40 (40 S&W) and a Megastar in 10mm which he says is fairly rare. I've had occasion to shoot a few of them and they are very nice/accurate pistols.

Mike J

Hunter
I was thinking the top one reminded me of a Star I had a long time ago. It was a different model than that one though, was a single stack, single action chambered in 9mm Largo. I traded it for a bow-almost regret it now but at the time I was slam strung out on deer hunting.

Pinecone

Blackhawk
Top one looks like a Star Model 31 and the bottom one, a Firestar Model 43....................Dick :wink:

A

Anonymous

Yeah, they are both Stars. The top one is a Model 30MI it's double action with a double stack 15rd magazine. The other is a single action Firestar with a 7rd magazine.

A

Anonymous

I like both, but the Model 30 used to be picky with ammo. Over the years it's gotten a lot better. The Firestar is small, but actually pretty heavy, not a good concealed gun by todays standards. Fit and finish is real nice on both.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
I carried a Star PD in .45 ACP for several yrs. Very light and comfortable, easy shooting, 100%. Nice gun.
Sonnytoo

Tslepebull

Single-Sixer
"I'll give nothing (but a lot of respect) to the first one that can name these two pistols of mine"

The big one should be named Leandro and the little one, Suzette.

As noted above both are Star pistols. Like one of the above posts I also had one of the little Star PD .45's. Back before Colt introduced their Officer frame .45 the PD was almost a cult item. Star is a well regarded manufacturer

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
About what do they go for? I'm home, but it's Sunday and everything's closed. I'm thinking it was a 9mm, maybe a .40. If they're worth the money, I might just have to snag it up. I'm usually an impulse gun shopper. lol

I used to have a Star 30M

A friend currently has a Star firestar for sale, he needs cash, and i may purchase it from him to help him out. Not that i really want/need it.

But those are the two you have pictured.

Talegunner

Bearcat
89grand":3carroyp said:
I'll give nothing (but a lot of respect) to the first one that can name these two pistols of mine, maker and model, caliber is 9mm so that's not important::)

Picture056.jpg

Picture055.jpg

My hand gun family photo. I have a lot more than this, but just hand guns in this one:
Picture057.jpg

I used to have both also..............I also had a Star 28 which was the model before the 30 you have pictured. The 28/30 series are based on the CZ75 & were made back when the CZ was VERY hard to come by over here............They are fine weapons and very well made,unlike some of the other Spanish gun makers who were known for soft steel(Llama comes to mind?) I also had the 9mm and .45acp Firestar in nickle,heavy but well made..................... :D TG

sebtool

Blackhawk
I traded my Firestar M45 last year, and have been kicking myself ever since. Tried tracking it down without any luck about 6 months later. :(

I wouldn't mind finding 1 of the M43 9mm's 1 of these days. Ilike how the M45 carries, didn't find it too heavy at all. It's not a 'wonder nine', but I liked it!
But I had to have that Redhawk..... :roll: