Boise Show

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
Here's a couple of "closer" images of Shawn's Amazing Display of Memorabilia! He received 2nd. Best of Show from the Promoter!
Patches.jpg

MemoLeftLR.jpg

MemoRightLR.jpg

Images don't do the display justice! Amazing!

flatgate

flatgate

Hawkeye
Greg's Pair of Factory Engraved Single-Sixes was awarded the Red Eagle News Exchange's "Best of Show" award! A fitting award to a very, very wonderful pair of Single-Sixes. Pics appear very early in this thread.

Randy's excellent Mini 14 Mags/Ruger Flap Holster Display combo, as pictured earlier in this thread, won 3rd. Place from the Promoter!

The Show's Promoter was elated at the professionalism of the Displays. He said "Boise's never seen anything like this before! I know it increased attendance!"

An excellent show was presented by EACH and EVERY ONE of the Ruger Displayers!.

I was very, very pleased with the whole shebang! :D Hank did an excellent job in organizing the attendance of quite a few Ruger Collectors!

flatgate

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Wow...Still in After show Ruger Lag....Who's Hank Green?? I asked myself less than a year ago. Well he's the man from Boston, turned Idaho cow poke, with the vision from as far away as Mt. Borah to see that Boise needed a darn good dose of Ruger Mania!!! That's what I found out and ARE WE ALL glad he did!! Thanks Hank for kickin us in the butt and makin it happen...And special thanks to Mrs. Green for helping Hank...and ohhh those posters!!

P.S. Next year I can sure find a bigger room for a meeeeeting after the show for the back slapping, beverage slurping, and awards if you ALL come! RB

contender

Ruger Guru
More excellent pics,, and details about the displays.
HOWEVER,,, how about the names of the displayers with their displays? I know a couple,, but not all of them!

This RCA show was absolutely great! Some of the displayers are folks that I've met at previous RCA shows, and their displays were as wonderful as I'd expected. Then, there were a bunch of folks that I met for the first time, and their displays were also very world-class.

I'm very proud to rub elbows with all of these fine folks, and I cannot wait for the next RCA Show opportunity.

Thank you, all, for sharing your terrific collections with the rest of us.

On a side note...I've done the gun-show thing, for a lot of years, and ya never know what a show will bring, in people, or guns. Boise, I must say, had a whole bunch of gun-savvy, and Ruger-savvy folks attending this show. I had a very small display of new-model Ruger's, each with a little twist about them that most folks would know nothing about. I laid them out, just for discussion, and I was impressed about just how many folks knew about the little twists, before I had a chance to share the story.

Thanks, Hank for putting this RCA exhibit together. And thanks, to all the fine folks from Idaho, that made me feel at home.

WAYNO.

P.S. One more thing...It just gets better. At the awards dinner, I won a Ruger LCR! Life is good. :wink:

Terry T

Buckeye
Home by 4pm yesterday - 2 feet of snow in the passes this morning - the weather prayers were answered! Show occurred between storms! We had dry pavement all the way!

Great show - great company - great displays (many of the displays were so professional looking that many of the public thought it was a factory display!)
- great organization for the "2009" Ruger Boise show! Thanks Hank and Suzie! Everything came off without a hitch - you make it look easy.
Terry T

Chief 101

Hunter
I have to agree with the positive comments written here. What a great group to feel a part of. I met some of the members that traveled long distances just to show us their collections, and, fabulous showcases they had. The locals like Greg aka RugerBoi with his pack of .22 revolvers the likes of which I hadn't seen since I was a kid rummaging through my dad's tackle box. Hopefully this can be a tradition here. All good conversations, good informations and good folks. Hope to see them next year.
Chief aka Maxx Load
icon_clap.gif

Terry T

Buckeye
OOPs, It IS 2010! :oops:

Some photos:

A highlight for me - Gun author John Taffin and Terry T.

P1100537.jpg

Some Banquet photos - had a great dinner and a great time.

P1090515.jpg

P1090514.jpg

P1090513.jpg

Not to mention the Elmer Keith display at the Boise Cabela's. He had some very special Rugers! Here's a couple.

P1080498.jpg

P1080504.jpg

P1080500.jpg

Terry T

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
Contrary to what the description says on this 4 5/8 41 Blackhawk sn 67, I always thought the brass frame was in the 40-1xxxx to 40-2xxxx serial range. Still a pretty neat gun belonging to an icon gun writer.

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
OOPS! Terry T. and I must have been at the same show last year! All kidding aside I'd like to say THANK YOU to Mr. & Mrs. Hank Green and all of the participants - especially those who came from out of state. It takes a great deal of effort to sponsor and/or display in a show as good as this one. Kudo's to everyone :!:

DSCF2806.jpg

circlergrugers

Vaquero
I would like to thank, (in no special order)
Gary West and his helper Wyatt Earp,
Steve Adamson and his dad Joe
Randy Graham
Shawn Lee and Trina
Terry Tawney and Shawn
Greg Harp
Without there help, hard work and incredible Ruger Collections this Show would not have been possible.
And a special gold star to my wife Susan, as I would not have been able to put this together without her help. Hank

collectorruger

Single-Sixer
Thanks for all the great display pictures and all displays are great no matter how elaborate they are put together. Everyone is right as to how much you learn each time you put one together yourself.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I'd like to see ALL of shawn stuff. What is there is amazing - the cards especially, but what was left behind?

chutch

Bearcat
I think it was fitting to give Terry T's display the award. I don't know why being that all my double actions are Smiths, that display grabbed my attention the most and I spent the time to take in all of the information contained in that one display. Not something you see every day. Nice Job! :shock: