Blowing up an SP!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dbarale

Obsolete
Somebody managed to do it:

attachment.php

Most likely a double charge, the rest of the story is there:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=748351

I also read that story in THR - it is a relief to know that the guy wasn't hurt and a testament to how strong the SP101 is. Also, a reminder to be very careful about using ammunition that may most likely have been reloads from an unknown/unverifiable source.

Chief 101

Hunter
My hands are large and the way I smother a 101 I might not have fared so well...

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
powder smoke said:
Jimbo357mag said:
Brand new gun and the guy is shooting ammo from an unknown source? I'm stunned. :roll: :roll:

The Ammo was given to him from his dad! Probably thought nothing of it.ps
Rounds his father-in-law gave him that he got from someone else. The shooter evidently knew this and went ahead anyway?

quote> I was shooting rounds that my father in law had given me... My father in law never reloaded but I can't say that it wasn't reloads he bought off someone, because truthfully I do not know and neither does he. The ammo had been sitting around for years. <end quote

deet

Bearcat
Glad shooter is ok, Rugers are strong guns, but shooting unknown ammo is dangerous at best.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
Your story just reinforces our family rule #1 for ammunition....it comes out of an original factory box or WE loaded it ourselves, no exceptions. I've made enough "errors" in my life, reloading and otherwise, to be leery of anyone else's lack of attention!

Best Regards, Rod

Latest posts