Bisley Hunters

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tguil

Single-Sixer
How do I find out when Ruger will be turning out Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunters again? Any way to ask the folks at the factory? The major distributors don't seem to have any in .44 mag.

mraywi

Single-Sixer
pm Acrylictnk,
my experience is if they can be found he can find them. He just found a stainless blackhawk 45 at distributor, they are no longer made.

tguil

Single-Sixer
lark63,

Thanks for the Buds link. I'm located close to Lincoln. I really like to buy from local shops but it's hard to beat Bud's prices and shipping rates.

lark63

Single-Sixer
tguil
I am located in Weepingwater
For local if you are retired / active military Offutt AFB is selling guns through the BX.

jforwel

Bearcat
I lucked out last year and picked up a nice stainless Bisley SBH Hunter in .41 Magnum. I just happened to be perusing Davidson's and there she was. I ordered on line and picked it up a few days later from a local dealer. A week later I looked again and they were all gone.

tookalisten

Blackhawk
mraywi":3t9h87ok said:
pm Acrylictnk,
my experience is if they can be found he can find them. He just found a stainless blackhawk 45 at distributor, they are no longer made.

+1, that's where I got mine (44); had it in my hand a few weeks after the first email.

tguil

Single-Sixer
One reason that I am hesitating about an on-line purchase is that I have never even really held a Bisley Hunter let alone shot one. I do know that I don't care much at all for the plow-handle grip frame. When I bought a .44 mag Redhawk several years ago, I chose it over .44 mag Blackhawk for this reason.

I also like to thoroughly inspect any new "toy" before I purchase it. With some of the quality control issues that have been haunting Ruger lately, I think that this is more important now than ever.

Oh, why a Bisley Hunter? It's the "cool factor" and I really can't afford a Freedom Arms Model 83. :D

Tom

lark63

Single-Sixer
Tom,
If you can get this way you can look at my 45 Colt Hunter and I have a 45 Colt / 45 acp Stainless Bisley Blackhawk.
PM me if this could help you.
Robert

Latest posts