Bisley Gunfighter grips; need advice

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Onty

Single-Sixer
Finally, I am getting revolver I always wanted; SBH 5.5" stainless, converted to Bisley. It will have installed One Hole Sight http://www.warrencustomoutdoor.com/ohs-ruger.html, and fiberoptic at the front.

The current grips are simulated ivory, that came with original Bisley Vaquero, see:

57359.jpg

Now, I am thinking about replacing original grips with something better. What is your opinion about Bisley Gunfighter grips from Eagle? Are they larger (longer trigger reach) than original factory grips?

How Gunfighter grips fit stainless grip frame? According to this photo, there is a difference between blue grip frame and stainless one;

96bd675b-ee70-4b17-82e4-628355bff96a_zps7dac7bd8.jpg

As for Eagle Gunfighter grips, I would definitely prefer smooth ones.

They have two models;
7GF53.JPG
GF53.JPG

One is Black Polymer, and another is rosewood.

Pros and cons for polymer and rosewood grips.

Also, any other good grips you would suggest. Note; I would prefer to stay moderate, $100 or less.

Many thanks, Onty.

cadillo

Blackhawk
I think that I still have a pair of the wood ones as pictured. I bought them new and just didn't like the contour/feel, so I put the stock grips back on.

$50.00 shipped. If interested PM.

EDK

Single-Sixer
I've got EAGLE GRIPS Gunfighters in water buffalo horn on BISLEYS 44 and 357 guns...love them. BUY the set the other poster wants to sell. EAGLE would fit them for free in the past...I did a walk in with VAQUEROS with out cylinders...don't know if that is possible now.
I have elk stags on another BISLEY VAQUERO, but they are considerably bulkier than the Gunfighters.
Whoever designed the GUNFIGHTER series of grips for EAGLE definitely knew what was needed.

NewportNewsMike

Single-Sixer
Onty said:
.......Now, I am thinking about replacing original grips with something better. What is your opinion about Bisley Gunfighter grips from Eagle? Are they larger (longer trigger reach) than original factory grips?.....

The Eagle Gunfighter series is actually thinner / smaller than the stock Ruger grips - that's one reason I like them.

They have a enlarged / thicker section at the top of the grip. This thicker / bigger section shows up well in the pictures on their Website

Latest posts