Bisley 44 Magnum, 5.5 ˝ stainless; are they still available?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Onty

Single-Sixer
I am interested in Bisley 44 Magnum, 5.5 ˝ stainless, like this one:

acusport_44_001_sm.jpg

Are they still available?

Thanks!

EDK

Single-Sixer
Check gunbroker.com. There are more 45 or 45 convertibles advertised than 44 or 357, but they are out there. The price is usually around $600. Just my casual observation...I'm more interested in Original Size VAQUEROS or BISLEY VAQUEROS.

I had a pair of stainless SUPERS converted to this configuration 'way back when....BROWNELLS had the stainless steel kits for about $175; Jim Stroh at ALPHA PRECISION fitted things up and did a stellar trigger/action job on them. I later acquired a "real ACCU SPORT" at a gun show for $400...no box or goodies, but correct markings.

frankenfab

Single-Sixer
There was one used on GB the other day. I was watching it, but I can't find it now. It had some really pretty grips. It was $700. I would like one as well, but I think I am just going to get a blued 7.5", since they are available now.

It's about time for another run of SS 5.5"s. It's been a while.

Belt Fed

Single-Sixer
I got tired of looking and waiting so I bought a used 7 1/5" Bisley and had a gunsmith cut and crown the barrel to 5 1/5" and remount the front sight. It is very accurate and I am very pleased with it. I like the blued models better anyway.

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
If you find one for less than $900-$1000 you should jump on it. They are scarce. In 5 years I've seen less than a couple for sale.

There's only been one run (a small one) of these hence the scarcity.

Onty

Single-Sixer
Belt Fed said:
I got tired of looking and waiting so I bought a used 7 1/5" Bisley and had a gunsmith cut and crown the barrel to 5 1/5" and remount the front sight. It is very accurate and I am very pleased with it. I like the blued models better anyway.

You are lucky for blue ones. The only thing I would change is ejector housing, I think that all blue Bisley models have them from aluminum. Steel ones are available for/from SBH.

Since 44 stainless Bisley is unavailable, I have old (full size) Bisley Vaquero, stainless. Revolver is like new, less than box of factory ammo, and going to purchase 44 SBH with 5.5 barrel, like this one:

0811.jpg

Will swap parts. Going this way, I will get Bisley with fluted cylinder I prefer over non-fluted one.

Nowata

Single-Sixer
Accusport talked Ruger in to making a run back in '02. There are "safe queens" available. I asked on this forum if anybody was willing to sell, and a very nice gentleman sold me the one he had. Best handling revolver I have ever shot. Good luck!!

G2

Hunter
Arokcrwlr said:
If you find one for less than $900-$1000 you should jump on it. They are scarce. In 5 years I've seen less than a couple for sale.

There's only been one run (a small one) of these hence the scarcity.

What he said /\ /\ /\

I see them from time to time, here and there mostly in the $800 range,
Should be noted that whatever the price, they sold... :wink:

Latest posts