Best Army FAILS Compilation

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Fox Mike

Hawkeye
Talk about being your own worst enemy. :shock: :shock: Those guys made a profession of it.

skeeter

Single-Sixer
i can't beleive the ones that can't throw a grenade forward. Never play catch as a kid?

toysoldier

Hunter
skeeter said:
i can't beleive the ones that can't throw a grenade forward. Never play catch as a kid?

There's several videos like this. Seems to be some sort of "grenade on a stick", with the grenade slipping off. :?:

Mobuck

Hawkeye
"The ones with failed grenade throws look planned, unless there's always a convenient trench to dive into"

Those trenches are dug is such a way as to be only one step to safety regardless of where the grenade falls. Being the grenade toss instructor would be the worst job EVER. I wouldn't trust those dufus troopers to throw a dirt clod.

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
TitanX said:
Mobuck said:
"The ones with failed grenade throws look planned, unless there's always a convenient trench to dive into"

Those trenches are dug is such a way as to be only one step to safety regardless of where the grenade falls. Being the grenade toss instructor would be the worst job EVER. I wouldn't trust those dufus troopers to throw a dirt clod.

What happens if the grenade also finds the trench? :lol:

That's why there are always at least two. If you note in the first one, the instructor jumped in the trench. The student went prone, then the instructor pulled the student into the trench. Teaching the use of a grenade is not for the slow or either mind or reaction.

And being nervous likely has an effect on the students. It is a bit unnerving the first time you hold an explosive device designed to kill folks only an arms length from your head. But, as with all things, practice make perfect. Or is it familiarity breeds contempt. :wink:

737tdi

Hunter
TitanX said:
My favorite was the one where two soldiers run down a berm and BOTH trip and fall face first on the edge of the paved road.

The ones with failed grenade throws look planned, unless there's always a convenient trench to dive into.

When I trained with grenades there was a bail out ditch. I don't know if these were fake but there have been boot marines that have died during training. Plus a couple of DIs. If you have never thrown one it is not like a baseball. They are much heavier. It has been decades since I did it but if I remember correctly they were about a pound. I only had the chance to throw one. No, it definitely made it over the wall.

Semper Fi:

Karl

graygun

Hunter
No one in our company screwed-up throwing the live frag in boot but I did see a guy have a dummy "go off" in his hand. The primer went off and he dropped it;it was a 1,2,3,toss it into a bunker exercise and he held it too long.

Latest posts