BEING AN OLD CODGER

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rosie65

Bearcat
I find I still have wants and needs, :wink: I want a Ruger LCP. I want a Ruger single six 22/22 mag. I want a Ruger stainless steel 45 Vaquero.

As for my needs? Look above! :lol: :lol:

Rosie65":zmdf85cn said:
I find I still have wants and needs, :wink: I want a Ruger LCP. I want a Ruger single six 22/22 mag. I want a Ruger stainless steel 45 Vaquero.

You are a very conservative individual! :D Those needs and wants are pretty easy to satisfy. The bad part is, once you have these few things, and next you decide you want a Hawkeye, or a Flattop, or a Flatgate, that wont be quite so easy. But, you'll figure out a way to get them, too. After that, you'll be out of control.

Welcome to the Forum!

WAYNO.

PHESPE

Bearcat
Rosie65":2zdrx1sz said:

I told The Keeper of the Kingdom's funds that we satisfied our needs a long time -- now it's time to work on our wants.

PHESPE

claybird

Bearcat
Rosie65
Your want list will always be longer than the need list. I'm at the point now that I wish that I could get back many of the guns that I traded off years ago for something that looked better at the time.

Claybird aka Jack
an other Hoosier

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
Rosie65":p1oz6v44 said:

Heck, I'm almost 71, and I have the same "problem". For the last few years I've had a 'jones' for OM's. I've managed to sell, or trade off several other guns, in my quest. I'm up to five now, and I think I've got all that I want, but you never know. It's not easy when you're retired on a fixed income, but I always manage, somehow. :roll:
Earl.

Rainman

Blackhawk
Rosie65:
To quote our former Gov. and US Senator Zell Miller "I have more guns than I need but near as many as I want".

It's a Ruger disease with no cure and the symptoms last a lifetime!

Welcome to the Forum.

Dan

About the time you think you have filled all your "wants and needs" list, you will walk by a table at a show or the counter at a gunshop and you will feel the on rush of symtoms of "Rugeritis" and THAT need/want will have to be satisfied.......Good Luck!

Dave :)

Knuckles

Buckeye
Rosie65":2qndy9g9 said:

That's almost all you need... just add a long-gun and you're good to go. :)

Shoot44

Single-Sixer
They're kinda like potato chips too, Rosie; "Can't eat just one".
I started with a Single Six, and then . . . it sorta got out of hand.
But it's a great addiction, to be sure! Welcome to the group!

P.S. Heliman: I like your avatar :)

Wobble

Bearcat
I find I still have wants and needs, I want a Ruger LCP. I want a Ruger single six 22/22 mag. I want a Ruger stainless steel 45 Vaquero.

Good choices. I too feel my "wants" are just as important as my "needs" the older I get. If not now, when?

Problem is, every time I buy a gun, it's my "last" one -- and then I buy another "last" one.

BTW, start with the Single Six and that will hold you off for at least a couple of months. Oh, you should also add a nice stainless Ruger Mark III bull barrel or hunter .22 LR to your list.