Been a rough month pic update

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cruzerlou

Buckeye
Hey folks,I've only checked in once since Ty's place and that was just to check for P.M.'s.
The miuuite I walked in the door that Sunday night the wife tells me she thinks we have a roof leak as it had been raii ing all weekend and the carpet in the hallway was wet.
Nothing that simple,turns out the faucet on the tub let go and i had damage to the walls and floor in the foyer,bathroom,and hallway.
Since then I've been doing what work I can,dealing with insurance adjusters,contractors and trying to get a shower back in the house.
As it stands now we still don't have one and between fighting with the insurance company and my contractors schedule, it could be at least another week before just the new tub and shower is in.
That's not counting the walls to be replaced and painted,new flooring and plumbing installed .
It's beed a real nightmare.
Now today I log on and find out we lost Hank ,I am floored , I really don't have words.
I did call Miss Susie and gave my condolences,that was a tough call to make.
So that's beed my last few weeks ,and why I haven't been on the forum.
I'll post pics of Ty's place A.S.A.P. ,I think my wife's computer has a virus as it won't log on to the internet,I can't do it from this tablet.
I'll check back in soon as time allows,man I'm sure gonna miss Hank ,very sad about that.
Y'all take care,
Your Friend,
Lou
Here's the place with the Paul Davis drying equipment in place,
the foyer,

Hallway,

the bathroom,

What I'm left with now, the foyer,

The hallway,

and whats left of my bathroom,

where my bathtub and surround was

As yall can see lots of water damage and still not sure if the insurance will cover everything, still waiting on my contractor and insurance adjuster to work that out .

Viking Queen

Blackhawk
Oh, Honey, I am so sorry to hear of the in house "flood"....been through that myself and it stinks....big time. Also offer you my condolences on the loss of your friend Hank. I never had the pleasure to meet him, but am sure I would have liked him very much, based on what I have read here.

Hang in their friend, it will get better.

Cathy, aka your Viking Queen

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
AHHH Lou; Sorry to hear about your leak and hope you get them all settled out to your satisfaction.
I know we got a soft area on one place on our roof and I reckon we are going to have to see if we can get ahold of the gentleman that fixed another spot for us when we bought the place way back in 2007. He was reasonably priced and did a good job in a short amount of time.
I'll keep you in heart, mind and prayers.
Pamela

cruzerlou

Buckeye
Thanks everyone, but my plumbing troubles will work out,finding out about Hank's passing will forever leave a hole in my heart. In one sense I'm lucky though,he and I made a trade a few years back, my 4" S.S. Anaconda for his 6" M 29-2 that he carried on duty as a Constable years ago.
That's one gun that will never leave me till I go to meet him ,then it goes to my great nephew along with the story of where it came from.
I'm gonna miss gunslinger,may he Rest In Peace.
Lou

contender

Ruger Guru
When Lou PMed me a while back, I didn't know he wasn't checking things. I knew of his plumbing issues & figured he was just a bit busy.
If I had known that he wasn't aware of our losing Hank,, I would have let him know.
Lou called me today,,, but I had to call him back as I was up on a ladder & busy when he called. We had a good chat,,, but I know he's hurting about us losing a good one here.

As we all know,,, "things" can be fixed or replaced. The loss of a friend just leaves us a little empty.

I hate that the trip was "marred" by the leak. We all have our memories of Hank (RIP) We still have Miss Susie. Life goes on in its never ending cycle. Hang tight Lou.
gramps

Sorry to hear about the roof problems. I knew you were still around as I saw you opened the PM I sent you. Not long after we first bought this house we had to replace our entire roof here just before the 'rains came'. Leaked, but nothing like what you experienced. Sure hope the insurance comes through for you.