BBQ GUN PICTURE GALLERY HERE-REVOLVERS & AUTOS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Not scratched up yet but the closest thing I have to a BBQ gun. OM 357 flat top converted by Mr. Bowen into a dual cylinder 41 mag/41 Special #5 with Persinger carved ivory grips to match my Scottish Highlander cattle.
5.jpg

COLT_45

Single-Sixer
Robb Barnes said:
Not scratched up yet but the closest thing I have to a BBQ gun. OM 357 flat top converted by Mr. Bowen into a dual cylinder 41 mag/41 Special #5 with Persinger carved ivory grips to match my Scottish Highlander cattle.
5.jpg

Love those grips too !

P90

Single-Sixer
Ruger KP90DC. Engraved Slide, Metalife coated Frame, Cryopro treated Barrel, Action job by T, Trijiccon Sights, and Hogue Grips. My everyday gun, but it also doubles as a Barbuque Gun.
p90-1.jpg

gunsbam69

Hunter
Here's a .475 Vaquero John Linebaugh built for his friend David Jefferis. David had the gun engraved by a guy who had something to do with the Buffalo Bill museum in Cody, and built the micarta stocks himself. I was planning to help David sell the gun, until I saw it! It's mine now.

475LinebaughVaquero.jpg

This Tri Color came from RugerBoi, and the factory stags came from TucoTom down the road a bit. Thought they'd look good as a pair, and I was right. Both these guns have a little wear, but I'd still take em to the BBQ.

TriColorWithFactoryStags.jpg

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
Nothing better than a BBQ gun for a Labor Day BBQ!

My Ruger Blackhawk Lipsey's Exclusive .44 Special with Cary C's birdseye maple handles, 75% coverage American Scroll by Michael Gouse as a Skeeter Skelton tribute (including Skeeter's Bar-T cattle brand on the backstrap), and Turnbull case hardening:

RugerTurnbull020.jpg

RugerTurnbull017.jpg

Super Single Six engraved by Jeff Flannery with elephant ivory handles:

RugerSingleSix005.jpg

Custom Fitz'ed Colt Official Police .38 Special engraved by Gouse with 2" barrel, bobbed hammer, and cutaway trigger guard. Custom holster by Saquaro Leather with mercury silver dimes (coincidentally in the years of my mom's and dad's birthyears):

ColtFitzEngraved020.jpg

Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless .32:

Colt002.jpg

S&W .32 Safety Hammerless with factory pearl handles:

Breaktops011.jpg

Colt 150th Anniversary Engraved Sampler:

ColtSampler010.jpg

1988 Interarms stainless steel Walther PPK .380 with matching Camillus Robo Heat knife:

WaltherCamilllus003.jpg

S&W 624 .44 Special with Bear Hug SKeeter Skelton style birdseyep maple handles, gold bead front sight, engraved as a Skelton tribute with his cattle brand on the backstrap:

SW624g002.jpg

SW624008.jpg

SW624g006.jpg

And if a long gun is needed or required at the BBQ, I can bring my custom Marlin 1894 .44 Magnum. It has a 16" barrel, saddle ring, John Wayne big loop lever (custom made), "Warning" removed from barrel, refinished stock to a satin oil finish, engraved by Gouse and case hardened and blued by Turnbull. Also has a Lever Gunleather buttstock cover carved with a mountain lion:

Marlin073.jpg

Marlin046.jpg

Marlin058.jpg

Marlin059.jpg

-Steve

P90

Single-Sixer
Some really nice examples of Gun Engraving Art. I love all forms of Art. Its amazing at the Talent that some people have. I don't have any, and I guess that's the reason, I enjoy those that other people have.

cruzerlou

Buckeye
Yea those are the guns alright .I've spoken with the artist that did these guns and he's a real nice guy .I want the same pattern done in my 657 that the S&W .44 has on it .I think my little hog leg would look great engraved just like that .Make one nice BBQ gun .
Lou

Fowler

Single-Sixer
I have one worthy BBQ gun, although I ony go to one BBQ a year where wearing it wont raise eyebrows...

5-2dec72012.jpg

Robb may have had some influence on it...

street

Hunter
mm6mm6!!! I never get tired of looking at your engraved guns. You have some of the best examples that I've seen. :lol:

Joe S.

Hunter
Pardon my ignorance but whats a Bbq gun? Just a real nice gun you'd be proud to take to BBQ to show off?

Fowler

Single-Sixer
Correct me if I am wrong here but I think the term came from Texas law enforcement of old, especially Texas Rangers. They would wear their best gun and leather to BBQs and in court, in time these gentlemen would have a special rig done up with high polish, engraving, pearl/ivory grips, and so on to try and one up each other. They often would be handed down through ones family as heirlooms to be treasured.

Its a rare day you get to wear one to a BBQ today as they will cast a funny eye on you walking around with fancy leather and one of these guns on your hip. But a man should have one in his safe anyways for those occasions when it is encouraged.