Badger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Sadly,, sixshot can't get on this forum anymore. Computer glitch.

But,, having been to Wyoming & Idaho & dealt with a few badgers myself,, AND the fact I'm a certified Animal Damage Control Agent,, I still wouldn't attempt that stunt. I've handled a lot of critters,, but I also know enough to RESPECT the potential for injury from them critters.
And as a pro,, I would not waste my time trying to wrangle one.

sixshot

Buckeye
"And as a pro,, I would not waste my time trying to wrangle one."
Definitely, too much chance of coming out the loser.
I'm back on, just haven't figured out how to get back on with my old handle yet, someone will have to walk me through it!
I've seen one other guy get one alive & no it wasn't me although I did get one that still had some life in him with my Leatherman tool. Had him by the nose, at least for a few seconds then I chickened out! They have some major power. He almost nailed that girl & that would have been ugly if it had got her by the leg, yikes!!

Dick

The kid obviously knew how to handle the badger so I'm guessing this wasn't his first rodeo. Like many other wild and crazy stunts, this may lead to someone without such experience being badger gnawed.

sixshot

Buckeye
Dick,
Good to hear from you again.
Contact Admin.LCP22LR in the office section. I'll bet she can help you get your old handle back

Best,
Terry
I can't find any place to contact the office. I've went into acct. details & where they tell you to click on name change but when I do that it says that name is already taken (by me) so it won't let me change back!!! Frustrating!
Dick

BROKENBEAR

Single-Sixer
Well I believe in respecting wildlife ..with that said ..you old farts need to remember a couple few things
At that age that young STUD had a very dashing young lady to perform for ...
At that age especially growing up rural there is no fear of critters ..especially after a one ton bull has tried you
At that age ..there is no mortality
At his age I should have already been dead by some of my stunts ..so when I didn't do myself ..
The US Army tried their hand at killing me ..just wasn't my time yet ..

Bear

Cholo

Staff member
I can't find any place to contact the office. I've went into acct. details & where they tell you to click on name change but when I do that it says that name is already taken (by me) so it won't let me change back!!! Frustrating!
Dick
I sent you a PM (conversation) about it this morning. Look for the red envelope in the upper right next to your username and click on it.

P.ssed off badgers are nothing to mess around with. Not all farm boys are as dumb or brave? as this one - course he's showing off for a girl and that can get messy sometimes. The closest I ever got to a badger was when two farm boy friends and I were cruising a pasture looking for gophers (ground squirrels) to shoot with our .22s. We saw a badger out and the driver stopped and got out to shoot it. He missed and the badger didn't like the idea so started chasing him around the pickup. Guy in the middle slid over, I opened the door for Dave to jump in on his way around the truck and we got the heck out of there!

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Well a couple other guys and I have pulled a lot of snapping turtles out of muskrat holes, log jams and creek banks over the years.
But I can guarantee you none of us would ever even think of doing what that young man did.
More power to him,,,,hope she was impressed ;) !!

langenc

Single-Sixer
"And as a pro,, I would not waste my time trying to wrangle one."
Definitely, too much chance of coming out the loser.
Kinda like tangling with a train when bypassing the gates at a crossing.
When you lose it is BIG time.

Couple yrs ago son and I had about doz coyote traps out. one am a trap had a badger in it. All around the critter had pulled dirt to him and made kind of a nest. In the freshly excavated sand were coyote tracks. Guess the coyote it was lunch time bt badger had other ideas.

sixshot

Buckeye
Funny when someone said that it was mad. The irony is badgers are ALWAYS mad.
One summer when I was 13 years old our neighbors invited me to go fishing with them on a remote steam about 150 miles north of home. We got camp set up & they dropped me off of the gravel road & the stream was about 200 yds across a big meadow. I started to cross & spotted this big badger laying on top of a fresh dirt mound.
I started to make a big circle out around him & he started to come after me & I took off back for the fence & he went back to his den hole. I walked down the road & tried to get past him on the other side, when he spotted me here he come & he chased me clear back to the fence again.
No way was he going to let me cross that meadow, so I had to walk down the road a quarter mile out of sight & cross the meadow in a different spot, he wasn't fooling around, nobody was crossing his meadow.
Dick