Anyone looked at the SIG 1911 .22?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Took a look at a SIG 1911 .22 y'day..........Suggested retail is $399; comes with only one clip(extra clip is $30) Seemed to be an impressive offering. Also handled a down scaled 1911 Browning .22 with SRP of $599. Somebody was dreaming when they priced at that level......... :roll: Whadda ya think? MIKE 8)

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
You can get it cheaper at Budsgunshop online.

My dad has one and though I have only shot it once, it felt great in the hand and cycled extremely smoothly. I would recommend one as a great trainer.

revhigh

Hawkeye
It's just a re-branded GSG 1911-22. Just like mine. $275.

IMG_0005-4.jpg

hittman

Staff member
I also have heard the Sig is a GSG like Revhigh pictured.

The GSGs are available here locally in the $310 range and seem to have a stellar reputation.

revhigh

Hawkeye
They're good guns .... no where near as accurate as ANY MK though. They DO have good accuracy, but they're not tack drivers like the Ruger MK's.

Great for steel shooting, dueling trees, and plinking. Very rarely jam if lubricated and clean. Of course they're a 1911 platform gun with a few differences in takedown and assembly. I'd rather have a dedicated 1911-22 than a conversion kit any day. Mine eats any ammo with no issues.

They're fun little guns. I'd much rather have one of these than an SR22 PISTOL at the same price ... simply because of the platform. Mine ... pictured above with the black grips was only $275 about a year or so ago. The 'cocobolo' grips were about another $40, and they were the crappiest 'cocobolo' grips I ever saw, which is why I went with the black ones. Bought a few bricks of ammo with the savings.

REV

Tweety Bird

Single-Sixer
My GSG looks just like Rev's. And it's a nice shooting, flawlessly running machine, so far at least.

I don't like the magazine disconnect. However, I have figured out that removing it is easy, if one is so inclined. I'm not sayin' you should do it; I'm just sayin'.

Mike-
I have a GSG and it has been reliable and accurate. I purchased the model without the fake can/silencer since I didn't need it....but until Ruger comes out with their SR1911 in 22LR it is a good choice, the little Browning is a much higher quality firearm, or so I have been told, I have been trying to get one since they were announced and have not been able to yet..

What did you think of the Browning besides the high price?

thanks

Snake45

Hawkeye
So far I've read three shooting reports of the Browning 7/8 scale 1911, and all produced similar "accuracy," which was (to say the least) NOT impressive. My old Llama XV shoots better, and I think my cheap ERMA/EXCAM copy of the Walther PPK does, too. Not impressed with the Browning so far, but it is cute. :?

Snake45

Hawkeye
Nh Rugerman said:
Snake-
Thanks for the information...my desire for the Browning has been lessened with that news....
I don't remember the exact numbers, but they were what I consider awful for a .22 semiauto handgun. I know that they were much worse than any of my $200 Ciener .22 conversion units will do, which is well, well inside of 2" at 25 yards (closer to 1" than 2").

seymour balz

Bearcat
Is the clip in the GSG or the SIG steel or plastic? I can't put my hands on one around here. I did handle a Ciapetta(spelling) and between the plastic clip and the wobbly clip eject button, I didn't feel real confident in shooting anything but blanks through it.

fearnodeer

Bearcat
i picked up sig 22 about a month ago.ran about 500 rounds through with no problems,so far.$375.00 G.M.