Any issues with the SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I'm thinking about getting one too. Have there been any problems with the frame? Aren't the slide rails pinned in place? I examined one at the fun store today and loved it!!

freedomcosts

Single-Sixer
Just got back from the range, fired a box of the Winchester Subsonics- my usual JHPs- some Federals FMJs and a box of PMC FMJs which I''ve never tried before. They were right smoky, but the point is, those are about the 6th or 7th brands of ammo I've used in this 9c and still not a hiccup. Didn't clean the pistol after my last 3 trips- will this time due to the dirty rounds, but I swear I've never been more pleased with a weapon in my life. I loved my Blackhawk 357, but the 9c...
I don't sound too mushy do I? Like I wanta marry it or something?

Yawn

Blackhawk
PokerFace691 said:
I love my SR9C. Anyone thinking about purchasing one will not be sorry. I'm thinking about getting a Crimson Trace laser sight for mine. They're selling for about $200. Also, and I mentioned this before on this website, investigate the REMORA (IWB) clipless holster. Amazing. You can see them on-line @ REMORA.com. Only about $25. That holster and the "9C" are my CCW. Ammo choice is Remington Golden Saber, 124 gr., JHP, +P. Range ammo is: Winchester White Box, 115 gr., FMJ from Wal-Mart. Be safe.

remora.com does not seem to exist...

Also, I think the kholster's are booty ugly... are they comfortable enough to make up for the look... They look far more obtrusive then the crossbreed's

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Yawn said:
PokerFace691 said:
I love my SR9C. Anyone thinking about purchasing one will not be sorry. I'm thinking about getting a Crimson Trace laser sight for mine. They're selling for about $200. Also, and I mentioned this before on this website, investigate the REMORA (IWB) clipless holster. Amazing. You can see them on-line @ REMORA.com. Only about $25. That holster and the "9C" are my CCW. Ammo choice is Remington Golden Saber, 124 gr., JHP, +P. Range ammo is: Winchester White Box, 115 gr., FMJ from Wal-Mart. Be safe.

Also, I think the kholster's are booty ugly... are they comfortable enough to make up for the look... They look far more obtrusive then the crossbreed's

Boy Yawn, you looked real hard for it didn't you?

http://remoraholsters.com/

Believer

Bearcat
I had one, but let it go. The only thing I did not care for was the grip extension. Loved the feel of the full grip, but the groove at the point the black extension met with the handle made my anal self uncomfortable. It is purely a personal thing, like socks that aren't quite straight - there's probably a clinical psychological diagnosis for my issue....

But - I picked up my full size SR9 today, one with a seamless grip :p

I would not hesitate to have the C on hand for concealed carry or defense. I just prefer range time with the full size.

Yawn

Blackhawk
Cheesewhiz said:
Yawn said:
PokerFace691 said:

Boy Yawn, you looked real hard for it didn't you?

http://remoraholsters.com/

nope

Ratster

Bearcat
Love my SR9c . Use white box Wichester as well. No problems. Also use the Crossbreed SuperTuck. Real nice IWB indeed. Not familiar with Kholsters so I have no comment about them. I can afford to shoot, just limited on options on WHERE I can shoot. I am curious, if one carries concealed, what difference does it make if the holster is ugly? Again, just curious...

Sky1

Bearcat
Jut got mine, the trigger return sticks so am sending it in for repair.

K_Mac

Bearcat
I love mine and have had no problems with it. I did notice in many of the reviews I read before buying the gun, that a good cleaning before using was strongly recommended. Dirt in the striker mechanism causing FTF was a fairly common complaint. I did as recommended. It has eaten a wide variety of ammo without a hickup.

rxit

Bearcat
No issues when running factory loads at all. The gun surprised me by how nice it is to shoot for a compact. I had a few issues with some reloads, but they gave me problems in some other guns as well, in other words, the ammo is crap not the gun.

I really like my SR9 and SR9C and would definitely buy both again if I had the choice to do over.

Hopefully I'll be purchasing the LC9 in the not too distant future.

best of luck.

whodeani

Bearcat
No issues with my SR9c. Love this gun. I have put 500+ rounds through it with no malfunctions. Walmart Federal 115g FMJ, Magtech 124g FMJ and Rem. 124g +P GS JHP were all eaten up by my SR9c. I was at the range and rented a Kel-Tec PF-9 and had to buy their ammo. What I didn't fire through the PF-9 I ran through my SR9c. It was 115g reloads they sell there. The gun ate those up too. Get a SR9c!!! You will not be disappointed.

Sky1

Bearcat
Sky1 said:
Jut got mine, the trigger return sticks so am sending it in for repair.

I think I fixed it last night just a minor alignment of some metal in the trigger mechanism. Trigger is like glass now and smooth return. Can't wait to give it another try.

I don't have any problems with any ammo I used so far.

Iron Mike Golf

Blackhawk
I have had mine for about 19 months now. I did a thorough cleaning (including striker tunnel) before my first range trip and have had no malfunctions. I have shot about 5000 rounds now.

My son recently bought a Glock 26. I shot both side by side. The Glock is more difficult for me, perhaps owing to the thicker grip. He has the SR9c on his want list now.

I mostly shoot reloads through it now. Jecketed bullets, but I intend to start casting for it soon.