Any Bersa Thunder Owners Out There?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

modrifle3

Buckeye
Honestly don't waste the money on a p series 40. I had a p91...very tight lock up but the chamber was so oversized it swelled cases far worse than any 40 I have seen to date. Only way to resize them is with a push thru die. And it was not accurate passed combat standards.

mrdillon

Bearcat
I have a Thunder 380, sweet pistol, accurate,tight,all metal, feels good in my hand. In the world of 380's seems about perfect with the 3.5 inch barrel. Mec Gar makes nice mags for it.

AGE Ranger

Single-Sixer
I picked up my new Thunder380 DouTone yesterday and went to the range this morning. It is a smooth firearm. The only problem is the decocker/safety is really stiff, takes two hands to move it when hammer is cocked. It'll get better as I shoot it more.

e3mrk

Bearcat
The decocker/Safety will get smoother with use.
Mine was very stiff at first but after shooting it a few times I am able to click it on or off with My Thumb.

Whaler

Bearcat
I am another very happy Thunder .380 owner.

105g.jpg

daverz56

Bearcat
I had one but sold it to persue other interests but it was a solid little pistol,I would say high quality because I never had ANY trouble or malfunctions at all,Don't let the low price point fool you.It's more or less a Walther PPK clone but it is reliable and for a lot less money you just can't go wrong.

revhigh

Hawkeye
daverz56 said:
I had one but sold it to persue other interests but it was a solid little pistol,I would say high quality because I never had ANY trouble or malfunctions at all,Don't let the low price point fool you.It's more or less a Walther PPK clone but it is reliable and for a lot less money you just can't go wrong.

It sure as heck is three times the gun than any LC whatever is.

REV

DCRuger

Single-Sixer
I own a Bersa 380CC and a Bersa .45Uc for carry guns. 380 summer, .45 winter. I bought them when could both in the satin nickle. Neither has EVER FTF or FTE at the range. I have several much more expensive guns for carry but just prefer to carry a gun that doesn't cost $1,100 ( for several reasons), and, frankly, they don't work any better.
Pick one up sometime and compare it to a Walther in a store, TWINS!

HOWEVER, I must admit, after shooting for 46 years I'm thinking of buying my first poly gun!! I've put it off as long as I can :) As ugly as they all are, I'm going to make a move for CCW. I've REALLY extensively looked at 6 models/makes and I've settled on a SRC9 for several reasons, two mag sizes, great safety(s), loaded indicator, trigger!

groberts

Single-Sixer
DCRuger, try the LC380. To me it's the perfect CCW gun. I really like my Thunder but the LC is just a tad smaller and lighter and fits me better - too bad it's my wife's gun.

groberts

Single-Sixer
BTW, as I understand it the Thunder 380 is the most popular concealed carry weapon for off-duty police officers. Note I said "world" and not just the fickle cops in the United States where name (Glock) means a lot more than functionality. And I also said "off-duty" as opposed to service weapon.

DCRuger

Single-Sixer
rgburrill said:
DCRuger, try the LC380. To me it's the perfect CCW gun. I really like my Thunder but the LC is just a tad smaller and lighter and fits me better - too bad it's my wife's gun.

Tried them before i bought. Too small and......polymer!
Don't need another .380. One is enough! :)

norm

Bearcat
I have a Bersa 380CC for several years and have fired at least 300 rounds through it without a problem. Good gun, good value and good size for carry.

DCRuger

Single-Sixer
I probably ought to mention, for those that might not know, the Bersa .380 CC is quite a bit smaller than the regular .380 Thunder. Not the same gun. Also, I got the pinky finger extension and put on the mag. It loses a round but fits the hand nice, in fact better than some of the polymer 9mm carry pistols from other brands that have just too short of grips.

modrifle3

Buckeye
If you want a poly gun stick with a glock or a Springfield XD. I am no glock fan, but they make a Damn good gun and you won't have to use Rugers excellent customer service.

TXRuger

Bearcat
mrdillon said:
I think you'll love the sr9c DC, i got one for the same reasons great shootability and for ccw it's not too big or too small.

+1 on the SR9c. I bought a stainless SR9c last year for cc in the summer time and I love it. It's a bit too big for pocket carry (but it's doable) so I just carried it IWB most of the time.

DCRuger

Single-Sixer
Modrifle3,
The Glocks are the first guns I personally ruled out. It's hard enough to stomach buying a poly gun, but, certainly not one of the most ugly guns on earth. That is too much of a leap! :>)

BurgerBoy

Bearcat
I have a Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro and have around 2,000 rounds thru it. I have never had a failure of any kind with it.

My daughter has one also as her carry pistol. She has never had any failures with her's either.