Another proud Ruger owner

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tekman

Bearcat
catnruger.jpg

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Tell us the story ! Who is she, what were the cicumstances of getting her gun, age, has she ever shot before, etc. Great job on encouraging her with her own gun !

Tekman

Bearcat
My daughter Caitlin or Cat as she likes to be called, she's 12 and she's a crack shot with my 10/22 so bought her her own.

HIVO

Single-Sixer
Thats cool. My daughter has been shooting my 10/22 for a couple years now. She saw a pink laminated version, so guess what she wants now? Soon as the rathole recovers from the SR9c gonna see if I can't fix her up! Hope ya have alot of great shooting days to come!!
HIVO

bub

Single-Sixer
Good for her! And a very good gun for a first gun. She'll LOVE IT!

Last Christmas (Christmas 2009), I handed down my 10/22 Sporter with the optional walnut stock to my then 9 year old daughter. I wanted to get her a new one, but finances didn't allow that. Didn't seem to matter to her at all, I honestly think that was the happiest I've ever seen her.

victoria2.jpg

First pic, unwrapping the box. Before unwrapping it, she just looked at it with a "huh?" expression on her face. She had NO IDEA!

victoria3.jpg

Second pic, after she got it unwrapped and the box open. She screamed loud enough to make my ears ring!!!

victoria4.jpg

Third pic, after getting it out. She'd been shooting many times before and I didn't even have to tell her about her finger off the trigger or muzzle in a safe direction!

Make sure that you enjoy your shooting time with your daughter. It's good "bonding" time (if you like that term) and she will remember it for the rest of her life.

Bub

bub

Single-Sixer
Tekman, that was my daughter's first question, too. Told her that she needed to keep it in the gun cabinet in the background of my pics. She was OK with that, as long as I take her out on a regular basis so she can shoot it.

I hope your daughter enjoys hers as much as my daughter enjoys mine. Getting them started early is important to help counteract the anti-gun crap that they seem to get pumped full of at school, on TV and other places. Every time someone tries to tell my daughter that guns are BAD, she laughs at them and tells them that SHE has a .22 rifle and LOVES shooting. Made more than one person speechless!

Bub

Tekman

Bearcat
Cat has a nice little single shot 12g as well. I need to take it in and have the stock cut down a bit to fit her.

Shotter11

Bearcat
Congrats to you both. The 10/22 is a great gun to start with. For me, its still one of my favorites to take out and shoot away.