Another Primer question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cholmsten

Bearcat
Probably the best for that would be your local reloading store. Base pro shops/Cabelas used to. The problem with ordering such a small number of primers is the HAZMAT charge. Not worth it for only a couple hundred primers.

Every store I have ever been in since the 1970s sells primers by the 100 rd count package when they have primers to sell. I guess your wanting to mail order? If you can't go to a sporting goods or gun shop, have a friend buy a 100 rd package next time they visit a store. I am seeing the 180 bucks per 1000 down to 119 or so.

contender

Ruger Guru
XUSNORDIE has made a generous offer.

If I had known you needed some,, I too could have taken care of that when you were here.

HumphreyDaBear

Bearcat
Is it what you need now or down the road? With the ongoing status of today's social behavior, I say buy for the future. What's here today may not be here tomorrow… and it isn't going to be cheaper later. I don't need anything to reload for quite awhile, but I still buy when a decent deal comes along.

contender

Ruger Guru
Sometimes it's the brass,, not the primers.

I've been helping my DIL with her .300 Blackout. We sorted the brass by brands. Then, during loading,, we had some,, that required a trip through the Dillon Super Swage. Some was expected.
But when we got to the Hornady brass,, thinking; "American made,, both brass & primers, no problems would arise." WRONG!!!!
The Hornady brass required a trip through the Dillon was required.

Sometimes,, it's the brass,, not the primers.