Another new Lipsey model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

5of7

Hunter
tulsamal said:
I haven't bought a single gun this entire year. And had no plans to do so. But if this one is a .480.... I will be getting one!

Well, if it ain't a 480, it looks like as big a cartridge as they can put in the cylinder, judging by how close the rim is to the outside of the cylinder.... 8)

As much buzz as there is about this one, these things are going to be scarce and probably way inflated in price, unless some of our good forum dealers can come up some.

People have been trying to convince Ruger to make a .480 Blackhawk for a long time. And to convince them that it would sell. I think of the limited run of .44 Specials that they made... they sold out... they made more... then Ruger made them regular production. I assume Lipsey's is buying a set number of "whatever these are" but with the option to buy more if they sell them all. So you are probably right when they are intro'ed. People will be scrambling for them. But that should ease after a few months goes by. I never know where to buy these sorts of things so I also hope somebody will sell them here.

Cordite

Single-Sixer
Looks like a Bisley frame and hammer to me. The only thing I can get out of Jason's base pin "little clue" is that it has a Bowen style locking screw.... Does this imply big time recoil?

Cordite

contender

Ruger Guru
It's has a 14" barrel, a new more rounded Bisley grip frame, 7 shot, .42 magnum Ruger caliber, ( a new one) with a 425 grain bullet, traveling at 500 fps, fiber optic front sights, and a No 1 Express rear sight. It'll be shipped with a custom set of dies, where you can form brass from normal 444 Rem, and it'll have replaceable nylon grip panels. The grip frame will be glass filled polymer, colored to look like stainless, but lighter in weight. It'll have the Bisley hammer & a Super Blackhawk trigger.
Factory ammo will be available next year from Russia.

Flatbush

Single-Sixer
The only reason I'm asking is- I might have to sell a few things to raise some cash...

This is one thing I don't want to miss!

Rclark

Hunter
Price? For the .42 Magnum? :D .... Have no idea, but the ammo will probably be a bit pricey.... As for the .45 Colt why, probably somewhere between $500-$800 I imagine.

CraigC

Hawkeye
contender said:
It's has a 14" barrel, a new more rounded Bisley grip frame, 7 shot, .42 magnum Ruger caliber, ( a new one) with a 425 grain bullet, traveling at 500 fps, fiber optic front sights, and a No 1 Express rear sight. It'll be shipped with a custom set of dies, where you can form brass from normal 444 Rem, and it'll have replaceable nylon grip panels. The grip frame will be glass filled polymer, colored to look like stainless, but lighter in weight. It'll have the Bisley hammer & a Super Blackhawk trigger.
If it doesn't have a picatinny rail and a threaded muzzle you can just forget it! :p

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
contender said:

Maybe a Ruger 500. They could name it the 500 Gryphon.

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
Joe S. said:
As much buzz as there is about this one, these things are going to be scarce and probably way inflated in price, unless some of our good forum dealers can come up some.

I rekon it still be better than S&W where you find out about it ten years after they've discontinued it.

contender

Ruger Guru
The picatinny rail & the threaded muzzle will be offered as a second model type, AFTER they sell a boatload to make everybody want a second one.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I keep checking here to see if anyone has spilled the beans yet. "There are no beans at this time, please check back in a few days", is all i get. Oh well. :D

contender

Ruger Guru
jimbo,,, those that know, have sworn secrecy. If they break their word,,, they will not be allowed to know other things in the future.

"Have patience grasshopper!"

(Friday isn't that far off!)

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
Is it a Hoax, or a 45/410/454? :lol:

Just like Ruger to come to that party late.

Oh wait, dats a fixed sight 327 Single Six with Buffalo Bore in Starline brass!!!

Koveras

Bearcat
Maybe my eyes are playing tricks, but it looks like either a recessed chamber for a rimmed cartridge or a straight chamber for a large semi-auto cartridge. Maybe a .50 AE? It's too big for a 10mm.