Announcing the Callshot Fan Club

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Callshot, you asked me to save one of the eyes from my last deer, in case you needed a spare. I think with the re-introduction of "True Grit" you should start wearing a black eye patch, as I think they will become quite stylish this year. Besides, it's a natural with that peg leg ! Take care, Buddy ! Thoughts and prayers for you and Betty, always !

My Mom always said they named the original version of "True Grit" after me, on account of how I left the tub after my bath as a kid . :oops:

callshot

Blackhawk
That must have been a watering trough not a tub. :lol: Even as a boy, you couldn't fit in a tub. I used to have to take a bath in an old round wash tub with very little water heated on a wood stove. Some times we would go to the Portneuf river where there was a hot spring (Ricky Springs) next to the river. We thought we were just playing in the hot water, but we always ended up clean. :? I haven't been there in years, since my swim suit has gotten a hole in the knee. :oops: Now I use it to advertise Country Time Lemonade. I will keep an eye out for a patch to go with my cowboy hat. Steve

TULLYMARS

Single-Sixer
Hey Mr. Callshot. Just checkin in to make sure that the Heros of Soda Springs are doing better. Been keeping you guys in our prayers. We can finally see the ground again in Tn. after a rare snowfall earlier in the week. I know Idaho is a beautiful state, but I'm not sure if I could stand all those months of snow. Take care of yourselves and tell your better half hello.

Wade

2 dogs

Buckeye
Steve, post your address again please.

Guys, lets get together and bombard our belle Betty with Valentines Day cards!!

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Fermie, another GREAT idea, Buddy !

Callshot and Betty's address is :

Stephen L & Betty Call
250 Ct St
Soda Springs, ID 83276
(208) 547-4646

2 dogs

Buckeye
Thanks Jeff! Now can we get a HUNDRED takers???

For a couple of folks who DEFINE the spirit of Valentines Day???

2 dogs

Buckeye
I got a chance to chat briefly with Steve yesterday. Betty has pretty much shaken the cold she had and is feeling much better as you can well imagine. The big news is, Steve and Bettys son is in from Panama to visit with his mom for a week!

There aint no direct flights from Panama to Soda Springs so what a trip it must be!!!

callshot

Blackhawk
Well Jeff, it took me a while to find someone brave enough to take a picture of TRUE GRIT that you requested. I did my best to make things interesting for you. It is too cold for the peg leg now. It froze down and is still outside on the driveway. The red vest would have helped, but Betty keeps wearing it.
img_0361.jpg

Sorry, but the bib overalls were in the laundry. Also, sorry about the bubble belly, but I was trying to make it authentic. I had time in my left hand. It was the pocket watch with all the time in the world on it's face. Steve

2 dogs

Buckeye
Steve, do us all a favor and post a full size pic of your avatar on this thread!!!! I gotta get over to Academy and see if I can find Callshot Jr a pair of CROCS!!!!

callshot

Blackhawk
Fermin, they are 3 & 1/2 inches long and 2 inches wide without any claws on them. I tried to get a better measurement, but Jr. just kept laughing and squirming around like Dick that had just gotten a bunch of fire ants up his pant leg. I had to wait until he went to sleep and then measure them for you. I tried to get a picture of Mrs. Betty with a Fan Club hat on while she was napping, but she woke up and nixed that idea again. :roll: Now I am afraid to go to sleep because of what they might do to me if they get together and gang up on me. :twisted: Steve

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Callshot said,
Fermin, they are 3 & 1/2 inches long and 2 inches wide without any claws on them. I tried to get a better measurement, but Jr. just kept laughing and squirming around

What are you guys talking about ? :oops: :roll: :shock: :lol:

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Hey Fermie, What about Jr's shoes ? Everyone knows a well dressed 6gunner needs some crocs :lol: !

2 dogs

Buckeye
This has to have been one of the most funny threads ever. I just finished rereading it. Full of tears and laughs, it is.

Just so you all know, Miss Betty is still soldiering on and Steve is still taking care of her every single day.

We LOVE ya!!!!