AMMO DROUGHT IS OVER!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
People are selling but I doubt gun shops will buy ammo back. I have seen ammo showing up for sale on the web and in the newspaper. I have also been finding very desirable guns showing up for reasonable prices.

If you have the money, it is a good time to hord a litle yourself :wink:

Plinker MKII

Bearcat
fossils and guns":263j5jo2 said:
You saw ammo at one gun shop and declared the drought over for the entire country? ; )

I agree, who else is seeing ammo sitting on the shelves again? It's not happening here in Nevada, yet.

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
AGAIN for the slow of learning, I said I was STARTING to see ammo where there was none. You can go to Glocktalk classified and there are about 15 ads for ammo sales. Some decent deals. Natchez got a big shipment of 9mm in today as well. Ammo to go has some fiocchi in and .223 in where there was none for months. All my local gun shops have plenty but are still holding out for pricey sales.
So it is out there with a little search.
Is it in every walmart in every burg in the country for $8.99 a box? Probably not.

Plinker MKII

Bearcat
Sorry, just going by the title of the post "AMMO DROUGHT IS OVER!" Sounded like a revelation :?

Believe me, I want to hear some positive, good news these days :wink: and paying 3x to 5x the normal rate is not good news :cry:

Shoot44

Single-Sixer
Starting to 'break' a bit down here, too. Bass Pro had two deliveries of 38 Sp., 9mm, Rem 'thunderbolt' 22's, and 45 ACP within one three-day period. Not sure how much they got, but they had not had ANY of either of these three for several months before. Prices weren't at 'scalping' level either. I think I paid $16.50 for 50 38's, $19.90 for a brick of the 22's, and I saw a bulk box of 100 45ACP's for about $37 IIRC.

So maybe it's not 'OVER', but at least some is dribbling through.

sparks701

Bearcat
Shoot44":gddunx7b said:
Starting to 'break' a bit down here, too. Bass Pro had two deliveries of 38 Sp., 9mm, Rem 'thunderbolt' 22's, and 45 ACP within one three-day period. Not sure how much they got, but they had not had ANY of either of these three for several months before. Prices weren't at 'scalping' level either. I think I paid $16.50 for 50 38's, $19.90 for a brick of the 22's, and I saw a bulk box of 100 45ACP's for about $37 IIRC.

So maybe it's not 'OVER', but at least some is dribbling through.
Maybe a little light at the end of the tunnel anyway. :D

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
More and more light. Natchez just sent me a HUGE ammo notice.
They got everything in stock including 380. And the classifieds are having all types,
little pricey, but you knew with ammo companies running 24/7 and people losing their jobs left and right, it had to break eventually.
Cracks are forming. Good news.

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
and finally after a 2 month wait, 300 round of Sellier .380 is on the way to me.
For $16.99 a box of 50
That is a nice size rain cloud on the drought!

Plinker MKII

Bearcat
Wow! nearly $20 or more for a box of 50 rounds of pistol ammo and people are more than happy to pay it! :shock: It has been a loooooong! dry spell :eek:

mx842

Bearcat
I was at a gun store here in VA today and bought me one of those new midget Rugers. I had heard there was no 380 to be had anywhere but when I got there they had plenty. In fact they had plenty of everything they even had some 7.62/39. Of course they had a 2 box limit on pistol rounds and a 5 box limit on rifle ammo. You could buy .223 and 7.62/54 by the 1000 round case but was limited to i case. I saw stacks of 40, 45, and 10 mm and they had plenty of 9mm. They had some remington 9mm ball for $75.00 for a 250 round box so I picked up my limit of 2 boxes.

It was flying off the shelves, while I was there waiting on my paper work they restocked the 380 and 9mm shelve twice. The place was packed and there were very few lookers, everyone was carring out what they would let them buy. Maybe it will work up you guys way before boma finds out and cuts the tap off.

mattsbox99

Hunter
Sorry guys for all the trouble the last 6 months, I just had to show this new administration that we won't put up with anti-gun antics this time around.

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
gatorhugger":xacovpum said:
More and more light. Natchez just sent me a HUGE ammo notice.
They got everything in stock including 380.And the classifieds are having all types,
little pricey, but you knew with ammo companies running 24/7 and people losing their jobs left and right, it had to break eventually.
Cracks are forming. Good news.

There is almost nothing in stock now. :wink:

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
We will still go through little buy periods. If you missed Mondays boat, you may have to wait a week or so.
Can't do the work for you boys! Look around, don't wait to be told where it's at.
Ammo to go is NOT GONE BTW.
They have 223 and 9mm. Right now. IN STOCK.
Or like I said go to Glocktalk or any huge forum and there is all you need everyday in the classifieds.
There is more than I have seen in 6 months.
Some of you just like having a shortage it seems? Speculators?
There is plenty out there, whether you want to buy or not is up to you.

The ammo manufacturers were never tooled up to produce the volume of ammo required to keep the shelves full if everybody who goes into the store buys ALL of the available ammo every time he walks in.

Think about it. The initial Obama scare prompted everyone to go buy all the ammo they could find, and the resulting empty shelves created an even bigger panic reinforcing the "shortage" situation. You see posts on all the gunsites from guys who relate their "bought it all" visits to WalMart and elsewhere. Until the panic market is satiated, there's gonna be less ammo available.

In this case, we have brought the problem down upon ourselves with panic buying.

JMHO

MikeP92563

Bearcat
I've been pretty lucky, Wally Mart seems to have a steady stream of Blazer .40 but .357 mag has gone competely extinct.

nightmoves001

Bearcat
^ yeah i hear its a problem finding the primers, i dont reload myself but with the prices im seeing almost thinking about it, but then again you run into an issue finding the primers so?

i think people that own gun shops do a little buying from local spots then Jack them up in their own shop.

I seen a box of 50 blazer aluminum case 115 Gr rounds going for 26.75 at a local gun shop.

I just laughed.

nickweg1010

Bearcat
I live in Kansas City. Went to two different Wal-Marts and they both said they haven't had 9mm for over a month. That's crazy! So, I went to the gun shop down the street and their shelfs were stocked with 9mm. I bought 3 50 round boxes at $18.00 a box. I can't wait till the price goes back down, this is getting expensive.

heelerdog

Bearcat
Ammo drought over huh? Any old Georgia Bullbog knows better than to believe someone calling themselves gatorhugger!