American Old West Gunmen/Pistoleer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Baldy

Single-Sixer
Gibson said:
Thanks, Baldy!

We have sure traversed some dusty, time worn, and bloody trails, haven't we?

Do you think we can all agree that, if anything, the truth is more blood soaked than the BS? Remember old Captain Davis? 11 bad guys DOA, thanks to the Cap'n!

We do have a fairly bloody pass and you never hear about it in our school systems. I sure am looking foward to reading about Captain Davis. Them pictures you post are great too.

Thanks again Sir... :D

don44

Hunter
Gibson said:
I'll do it farmall and Baldy.

You guys and Don need to locate SAJohn. I hope we haven't lost him. One of the good guys.
He is probably just busy. Like I've said numerous times.... Thanks! :)

SAJohn

Hunter
I am still here. Hollywood could make a completely factual movie about Rudabaugh and most folks would think it pure fiction. I wonder why Billy wound up so famous and Rudabaugh all but forgotten. Maybe because of the Kid's famous jail break.

It is also interesting how often these gunmen's paths crossed. It must have been a small world out west in those days.

John

don44

Hunter
Thank you Gibson, that's a real nice compliment. Your stories bring back the Old West to me !!!! I always liked Chill Wills, he had a singing group at one time. :)

Once again, many thanks to Gibson for being the Cowboy Chronicler of the Ruger Forum. It's like taking a college course in Cowboys, Bad Men and Lawmen of the old west. High quality information. Thanks professor for the great read and education. Seriously.

don44

Hunter
Gibson, I hope you like your new Navy .36 it sure looks nice. I have been shooting C&B revolvers since 1973.... A long, long time. I used to shoot them constantly but have gotten away from that. I do need to shoot them more than I do. Just load yours up and have a good time with it, the best to you and yours.

SAJohn

Hunter
Gibson, I have been thinking about our discussion as to why so many trials for clear cut cases of murder ended with the juries finding the killer innocent. In 1870, most of the inland western states had no real cities and tiny populations. For example: Arizona 10,000, Colorado 40,000, Idaho 15,000, Montana 20,000, Nevada 42,000, North Dakota 2,400, South Dakota 12,000, and Wyoming 9,000.

Many of those gunmen worked the mining and trail head towns with small populations but with cash available to be fleeced. The mean bully boy guys would be well known by the locals who made up the juries (not something allowed today). Killing one of them would have been considered performing a good deed. :)

John