American Holly grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mikewriter

Blackhawk

Just got these mounted. Zane at LonestarCustomGrips made a set for my .44 Special Flat-top out of white American Holly that I think turned out especially well! Much better than the plastic imitation ivory on the gun when I bought it!

mikewriter

Blackhawk
Thanks, Wendy. I think so, also. It is amazing how well they fit, since I did not send my grip frame to Lane. He tells me they will "yellow" slightly with age, probably just get better looking. I was surprised how well I liked the look of the white plastic grips that were on the gun, wanted to upgrade to better material and could not see paying for real ivory. I think these will suit me fine. I usually don't have Ruger medallions put on custom grips, but I like them on these.

SPBhawk

Single-Sixer
Those look great ! I bet they wood look good on a stainless gun as well.

mikewriter

Blackhawk
I bet they would, also! The only full polished stainless Ruger I have is a Bisley Hunter, but if I didn't have Lacewood grips on it already, I might think about Holly.

I called Zane "Lane" in my second post in this thread - too excited over the grips and getting my Medicare app almost completed, I guess!

Joe S.

Hunter
Looks good. I need to buy me some holly blanks. I like the way it ages.

RUFFBIRD

Blackhawk
I also have some Holly-wood grips on one of my blue BH guns & they have gotten darker with age. I do believe they are my favorites on all of my rugers. You have good taste indeed! Enjoy your gun & thanks for showing them to us... :)

Sam Johnson

Blackhawk

Ameican Holly, 10 years old. Blackhwk has stainless Old Army grip frame, and ss ejector rod housing
with a 7.5 inch Super Blackhawk barrel .

mikewriter

Blackhawk
Sam, thanks for posting that picture, hope my grips age as "gracefully". Those look better than my new ones! I have a SS ejector rod on my blued .44 Special Flat-top, also, as well as a SS Belt Mountain base pin and base pin latch. You Blackhawk is very special, also.

RUFFBIRD

Blackhawk
I found my photo,....these Hollywoods are also about 8 or 9 yrs old. They do get a lot more yellow with age!

Joe S.

Hunter
I found some holly and ordered it today. Maybe one day i can get some stuff done.

Latest posts