Alberta Moose

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mlazarus5388

Single-Sixer
I took my Ruger Express Rifle in 300 Win Mag to Alberta Canada and was able to harvest this decent moose.
moose1.jpg

mlazarus5388

Single-Sixer
Bear Paw Jack said:
Nice moose, and nice rifle. Was it a long shot? How'd you put the sneak on him. I'll be he eats good.
Details, man, details. Tell us the story.
Not a terribly long shot. Walked in on him in the early morning, just about legal light or so. A slow walk/stalk was enough to get within 250 yards. Standing, off sticks, an easy shot with that rifle which holds MOA with the Barnes, ttsx 180 grain round. One of the things that really helped was the illuminated reticle. Black crosshairs, on a black moose, in early light is not always a solid recipe for success. I'm confident he will be delicious.

What does Moose taste like?

Moose actually tastes like meat. Beef doesn't taste like meat. Beef has an extra taste, that I assume is from the steroids, and hormones they are given.
Once you eat moose, it's hard to go back to beef.

tinman said:
powder smoke said:
Kevin said:
That is big for sure.

What does Moose taste like?

Moose!

I knew someone couldn't resist.......... :wink:

Looks like a great time. Congrats on a fine hunt.

One thing for sure It doesn't taste like CHICKEN :wink:

When I lived in Canada I ate Moose that my neighbors had. It is outstanding. Much better than Deer or Elk. Neighbors would go for the Cows rather than the Bulls because I was told they taste better. The four of them went on a Meat trip rather than a hunting trip every year:D