Alaskan 44 Mag with Blue Alloy Cylinder - Davidsons

Help Support Ruger Forum:

alank2

Bearcat
Hi,

I don't care for the combo, but I wouldn't mind seeing what an all steel blued one would look like...

Thanks,

Alan

stantheman86

Buckeye
S&W and Colt made nickel and blue combos, the S&W's are called "Pintos" , I don't know what the Colt guys call them.

I don't much care for the look of the Pinto's either, but there are S&W collectors who go crazy for them.

Frank Castle

Single-Sixer
I like mine and its two tone
SN851047.jpg

SN851048.jpg

ChiefMuzz

Blackhawk
What would it take to get a stainless 44 mag cylinder and fit it in. Could be an interesting project and the availability of these is likely to stay high, as opposed to the regular all stainless ones. Just thinking out loud

edlmann

Blackhawk
CraigC said:
There's that weird use of the word "alloy" again. Ruger usually means aluminum when they say "alloy".
stantheman86 said:
...an alloy cylinder .44 Magnum?
jpickar said:
Alloy cylinder? Really? With 43,500 CUP pressures! I don't think so. Just a rumor.

Alloy wiki

All steel, stainless or not, is an alloy of iron.

Bad copywriter - no Pulitzer! :roll:

cphilip

Bearcat
To me... I wouldn't want anything lighter in a 2 inch 44 magnum. I could see doing something to this thing to do some sort of coating finish to the frame but it looks butt ugly as it is. Looks like the going price is $800... through your local Davidson dealer. Not that good a bargain over a regular all SS one.

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Is the model special because it "self-engraves"? With the blued cylinder, you can watch it self engrave itself as the turn line develops...

Me bad :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chet looks like a 5305, listed on the link provided on the initial posting (making up for being bad :wink: )

cas6969

Buckeye
No one likes new stuff. They only like the old stuff they're not buying either.

tacklebury

Single-Sixer
A lot of the alloy cylinders are titanium based, thus the weight reduction. Many taurus have been made with them. ;)

Latest posts