Alan Harton really does nice work!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dougader

Hunter
I wish I had pictures of the targets I shot today with the 45 Montado and 32 Single Six that Alan worked over for me.

Both were fitted with S&W adjustable rear sights and post front sights. Pics are in the gallery.

I have been handling them now for what seems like forever, waiting for a chance to get to the range and shoot them. It was cloudy but dry this morning so I went to the range and fired them.

The 32 had to be adjusted as my groups were shooting to the right about 1 to 1-1/2 inches, but once dialed in things looked pretty good. I'm not a great shot, but at 15 paced yards while resting my hand on a table top I was able to get groups running about 2 inches. I think it would have been better if I had my other glasses with me. Its getting harder to focus on the front sight without my "cubicle glasses" that I use at work.

The 1st 6 shots with the 45 nestled into about a 1 inch group, with 3 of the rounds landing right on top of each other. Awesome for me.

What's especially noteworthy is that before I sent these guns to Alan, the best I could muster was groups that ran anywhere from 6" to 10," again at about 15 yards.

The other thing is that these are not shot with match grade ammo. Just bulk, inexpensive, hardcast bullets. I didn't do any load workup or anything.

For 45 Colt I used a bevel based 250 grain rnfp over 6.8 grains of WW 231.

For the 32 I used a 94 grain swc over 4.2 grains WW231.

To say I am pleased, is a huge understatement. The actions are slick, the fitting of parts is first rate, and the guns are just how I want them.

Call me HAPPY. :D