Aguila 22 lLR on sale.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
Sportsman Warehouse has 500 round bricks of Aguila 22 LR ammo on sale for $25.99 The regular price there is $37.99 To newer shooters this may seem like a good price, but to us old guys and gals that is expensive. I still have 500 round bricks that are priced at $6.99----Sportsmans Warehouse had both solid point and hollow point. My store is in Vancouver Washington and had about 20 bricks left.

CHEVYINLINE6.

I got a bunch of that back when .22 was out of stock everywhere. I gave $20/brick and felt I was getting a deal for the time. We can all lament the "new pricing" , but I really don't see the day when it drops back to $6.99 a brick. More likely 5 years down the road we would have wished we bought a few of those $25.99 bricks…

Once a manufacturer realizes they can sell their full production capacity of a product for double or triple what they used to charge, what's the incentive for lowering the price back down?

Johnnu2

Hunter
"Once a manufacturer realizes they can sell their full production capacity of a product for double or triple what they used to charge, what's the incentive for lowering the price back down?"

And, therein lies the actual problem..... 👆
DON'T BUY

J.

noahmercy

Blackhawk
The round nose high velocity Super Extra (red and gold box) is my go-to when function-testing a 22LR. Aguila has license to use Eley's priming compound and process, which results in the closest thing I've encountered to 100% reliability in rimfire. They also shoot better than any other bulk ammo from my 10/22, which is a plus, and I get good-to-acceptable groups with it from my other 22s.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
I like their Super Colibri ammo. I still have about half a brick I bought a few years ago. It allows me go out in the garage and poke holes in box stuffed with lots of layers of newspaper. I have not shot any of their Super Extra 22 ammo yet. I shoot CCI Mini Mags or Federal bulk stuff from the blue box most of the time. I like CCI Stingers a lot, but they are too costly just for plinking.

CHEVYINLINE6.

That's a pretty good price for Aguila, a pretty good general purpose rimfire ammo.

Not trying to be difficult, but why does "this used to be much cheaper in the old days" seem to be such a recurring theme?
Yeah things used to be cheaper. They ain't any more, and they ain't ever gonna be again.

Johnnu2

Hunter
That's a pretty good price for Aguila, a pretty good general purpose rimfire ammo.

Not trying to be difficult, but why does "this used to be much cheaper in the old days" seem to be such a recurring theme?
Yeah things used to be cheaper. They ain't any more, and they ain't ever gonna be again.
Yes and No.... Many years ago, I tried to re-finance a property my father owned. The original mortgage (from the 1940's) was at 4%. The bank manager told me: "Kid, you'll NEVER see a 4% mortgage again....ever". As years went by, I paid as high as 14% for mortgages (in the 70's IIRC). Well, we did, once again see mortgages at 4% in the rather recent past. I know it's far fetched, but yes, things happen and prices may come down again....especially if the commodity is one that we can do without. IMHO.
To answer your question about the recurring theme: We old farts are just pissed to the point of moaning about it and we can't help ourselves....we're OLD and have nothing else to complain about (thank the Lord). :)
J.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
In 1955 my grandmother passed away and left my mother her house that had cost her $8,000 in the 1940's. The house was paid off, but my mother had to take a loan against it to bury my grandmother. So from 1956 to 1968 the house payments were $17.50 a month. My mother sold the house 11 years ago for $105,000. The man that bought the house remodeled it and resold it for $485.000 in 2013. The house is located in Napa California. The house was built in 1925 and was only 432 square feet in size and is now double that size. It is close to reaching $900,000 in value now. My mother lived there for 63 years and I lived there for 18 years. The house is located at 1425 Seminary Street in Napa and there is many pictures of it posted by realtors. The house was even smaller at some time. The back bedroom and laundry room were added some time before my grandmother bought it. The back bedroom was mine and one wall of it was redwood siding and in the laundry room also. Between my room and the kitchen was 4 windows in the middle of the house. The septic tank was under my room and stinky in the hot summer months. My room and the laundry room had rocks that the house framework sat on.

CHEVYINLINE6.