Advise on my first 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TAWS6

Bearcat
Hi,

So I'm in the market for my first rifle, and am amazed at how customiseable they are.

I want a hunting rifle that I can drag over miles of fields, so want a stock that is going to be strong & lightweight.

I guess the synthetic & stainless carbine will be my best choice, but wonder if there would be a better set up for me with an aftermarket stock, like the dragunov polymer stock?

A friend has a (Very nice) customised target rifle for sale, fluted & shortened barrel, with lam stock & thumb hole that is great to shoot at the range, but I wonder if a lam stock like that will get heavy & tiresome on a long walk....

What would you recommend?

Thanks in advance :)

wwb

Hunter
TAWS6 said:
.......I want a hunting rifle that I can drag over miles of fields, so want a stock that is going to be strong & lightweight......

A bone-stock stainless/synthetic 10/22 with a trigger job and a scope or red dot suitable for your expected use. Or, for a little better synthetic stock, get a Hogue..... it's "grippier", especially out in the weather.

For a hunting rifle, stick with the stock barrel... no need for a bull barrel unless you're trying to hit a bunny square in the eye at 50 yards.