Accuracy question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ":1wsb84yq said:
What semi auto 9mms are acknowledged as the most accurate shooters for $600? 2 categories, new and used.

CZ75B new ($525-550 for black polycoat) or used (about $350-400) stainless ($700)

Sig P226 (full size)- used ($500-600 for US origin) or LE turn-in from W Germany for $400.

Sig P5 (P225 - semi compact single stack) about $300-350.

Sig SP 2009 ... $500 new if you can find one, $400 used.

They're the best ones I can think of ....

REV

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
revhigh":1pjkxadk said:
ArmedinAZ":1pjkxadk said:
What semi auto 9mms are acknowledged as the most accurate shooters for $600? 2 categories, new and used.

CZ75B new ($525-550 for black polycoat) or used (about $350-400) stainless ($700)

Sig P226 (full size)- used ($500-600 for US origin) or LE turn-in from W Germany for $400.

REV

CZ compact??? I seen a nice one with a decocker! There a little hy.....

revhigh

Hawkeye
3leggeddog":2ykwy2xd said:
revhigh":2ykwy2xd said:
ArmedinAZ":2ykwy2xd said:

REV

CZ compact??? I seen a nice one with a decocker! There a little hy.....

Hey 3LD !

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of compact pistols, except for carry. I wouldn't want a compact pistol for regular range use. I like the CZ line of guns, but don't own any of their compacts, except for a surplus CZ82 in 9X18. For range and accuracy use, I'd ONLY get a full size gun, like the 75 or 226. My compact carry gun is a G26. You can't do much better than the 26 IMO.

REV

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
How the gun fits the shooter has something to do with it, too. Yes, you can get used to pretty much any gun, but if one fits you right that's one less thing to master.

F'instance, I shoot my compact Sig P228 better than my full size P226. My 3" S&W 624 is exceptionally accurate in my hands despite the short sight radius. I had a XD subcompact that was like a little laser beam.

On the third hand, the semi auto that fits my hand the absolute best, and has the best ergos for me, is not necessarily my best shooter. It's an Armalite AR-24, a CZ75-B clone ("improvement", as I like to call it...). Locks up pretty good and has an OK trigger (bit of mush/creep), but I shoot other guns better. I do plan to work with this one some, and see if I can get myself to shoot it as good as it feels in my hand (if that makes sense).

-- Sam

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Yosemite Sam":2tivj3qu said:
How the gun fits the shooter has something to do with it, too. Yes, you can get used to pretty much any gun, but if one fits you right that's one less thing to master.

F'instance, I shoot my compact Sig P228 better than my full size P226. My 3" S&W 624 is exceptionally accurate in my hands despite the short sight radius. I had a XD subcompact that was like a little laser beam.

On the third hand, the semi auto that fits my hand the absolute best, and has the best ergos for me, is not necessarily my best shooter. It's an Armalite AR-24, a CZ75-B clone ("improvement", as I like to call it...). Locks up pretty good and has an OK trigger (bit of mush/creep), but I shoot other guns better. I do plan to work with this one some, and see if I can get myself to shoot it as good as it feels in my hand (if that makes sense).

-- Sam

I believe I've heard some GOOD advice here,thanks to Rev, Sam, plus a few others . I found my answer : 2 guns is better than 1.. hehehehheehhe

revhigh

Hawkeye
Yosemite Sam":27ztc338 said:
It's an Armalite AR-24, a CZ75-B clone ("improvement", as I like to call it...).

Although the Armalite AR-24 is definitely a 'clone' of the CZ75 platform, I would hardly call it an 'improvement' in any sense of the word ....

REV

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
revhigh":27aein5z said:
Yosemite Sam":27aein5z said:
It's an Armalite AR-24, a CZ75-B clone ("improvement", as I like to call it...).

Although the Armalite AR-24 is definitely a 'clone' of the CZ75 platform, I would hardly call it an 'improvement' in any sense of the word ....

REV
Taste, mouths, and all that.

At least the AR gives you a place to grab the slide to rack it. The polycoat finish on the CZs is enough to turn me off. I do wish mine had a decocker though. It would put it more in line with my other DA/SA guns, namely Sigs.

OTOH, I have a CZ452 rifle that is the bee's knees, as they (used to) say.

-- Sam

revhigh

Hawkeye
Yosemite Sam":zefbjcok said:
At least the AR gives you a place to grab the slide to rack it.

The polycoat finish on the CZs is enough to turn me off.

I do wish mine had a decocker though.

OTOH, I have a CZ452 rifle that is the bee's knees, as they (used to) say.

Hey Sam !!

My 75's have the rear cocking serrations just like the AR24, not sure what you meant by that ...

The black polycoat finish is the best 'working' finish I've ever experienced, but I can easily see how people would be turned off by it ... it's not real pretty, and it's essentially a painted polymer, but it's tough as nails, and NEVER peels, flakes, or chips.

My 75's have safeties just like 1911's ... cocked and locked, baby !! And it's in the exact right place, too. The only slight complaint I have is that you have to slightly shift your grip to hit the slide release during a tactical reload, which incidentally, IS A SLIDE RELEASE !!! :D

I have to agree with you on the CZ452 Rifles ... pretty much the finest mass production Rifle in any caliber that you can buy.

REV

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
I have never understood the animosity "CZ people" have for the AR-24. I realize it's not an original design, but you'd think you'd stolen these people's first born. IMI, Tangfolio, and several other companies have made similar guns, it's one of the most copied designs on the planet. Yet Armalite jumps on the bandwagon and it's, "Oh, another CLONE. What a piece of crap."

Sorry, just a sticking point.

Mine has the same safety as a 97B, I just prefer a decocker on a DA/SA gun.

IMG_0128Small.jpg

BTW, the little "hump" at the back of the slide, is squared off on the sides, giving you a nice little hand hold. The 75s I've handled didn't have as good a grip back there, due in part to the slide riding inside the rails.

-- Sam

revhigh

Hawkeye
Yosemite Sam":3dcb8hwf said:
I have never understood the animosity "CZ people" have for the AR-24.

WOW, Sam, where did that come from ??? I didn't even think that there were very many 'CZ people' LOL. :D

I have zero animosity for the AR24, it's just a clone, like the EAA's and Tanfoglios. I've never heard ANYONE say that they thought any of the clones were the equal of the original, from a machining, fit and finish, or accuracy point of view. THey're certainly no better than the original .... I really like the Tanfoglios ... almost bought one about 2 months ago, but it was gone when I went back for it.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Yosemite Sam":3auq6nuf said:
Mine has the same safety as a 97B, I just prefer a decocker on a DA/SA gun.

Like my 75B's also.

By the way, the slide riding INSIDE the frame is probably the biggest reason as to why the CZ75's are spectacularly accurate. At least, that's what the reviewers say .... I just know they work ... and damn well.

REV

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
revhigh":cidpszmc said:
Yosemite Sam":cidpszmc said:
I have never understood the animosity "CZ people" have for the AR-24.

WOW, Sam, where did that come from ??? I didn't even think that there were very many 'CZ people' LOL. :D
Not you in particular, but your comment reminded me of the reception this gun got over on some CZ board I was reading at the time the AR came out.

Armalite has the gun made in Turkey in a modern ISO9000 100% buzzword compliant factory. I've got no issues with the fit, finish, or machining in mine, though I have seen some loose and rattly CZs.

It's really a moot point. Both are pushing $500 now, along with all the other $500 guns out there.

-- Sam

revhigh

Hawkeye
Yosemite Sam":1tmrknf3 said:
Not you in particular, but your comment reminded me of the reception this gun got over on some CZ board I was reading at the time the AR came out.

Seems kinda like the reception you get right here when you bring up a gun other than Rugers ... :D

REV