A Sad Visit..............Update

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
My niece called me this afternoon and said my sister is in the death process, just only days to live, if that. We went to visit her tonight and said what is likely our last goodbye. I spoke with her and she squeezed my hand. I believe the next time I see her we will be in Heaven.

We learned last Thanksgiving of her cancer, and then the time she was given was six months to a year. She would have been ninety-five December 9th. She is one of the diminishing group of WW II veterans, having served in the Women's Army Corps, teaching instrument flying to cadets at Brooks Field, Texas.

I'm just sort of at a loss to say anything now.

Bob Wright

Robb Barnes

Hunter
Bob, thank you for giving us the privilege to pray for you and your sister during this difficult time. The peace of knowing you will see her again does nothing to diminish the worldly heartache of losing her here on earth. You and your family are in my prayers my friend.

Robb

cpt-t

Single-Sixer
BOB WRIGHT: I am so sorry, You and Your Family are having to experience this. I wish I could say or do something to ease Your pain and solve Your problems. But You know I can`t. I wish You the best, and know my prayers are with You and Your Family.
TAKE CARE MY FRIEND:
ken

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

A prayer comes from SoCal for your whole family, Bob. Part of me wants to see news she made it to 95 "just cuz" but her time will be determined for her. And may you all remember and celebrate her life rather than mourn when that time comes.

Rick C

CGDustDevil

Buckeye
A loss for words... Yes, of course..

May her journey be peaceful, painless and joyous. And may God's love give you all strength to endure as she comes home.

Sincerely,
Pete

Phoenix too

Blackhawk
These life passages are never easy... A good friend's wife just died, unexpectedly. She fell, never got up, barely responsive. Don't know what happened.

Know my thoughts are with you.

Badger Matt

Single-Sixer
Bob - Sorry to hear what you're going through. Know there's a cup of coffee or stronger stuff for you in Greenville if you get down this way.

mistermills357

Blackhawk
Death is a hard thing, since we were never meant to die. If Jesus had not overcome it, I don't know where any of us would be.
When she goes, you will see her again, in Heaven, but not in this World. It is a tough thing to cope with.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
My sister is in hospice care now. She is heavily sedated but comes around at times. I told her yesterday that I wished I could get her up and take her to Vinegar Jim's, a restaurant we often visited on our drives. She vigorously nodded her head and tried to smile.

Her body seems to be shutting down, however.

I cannot begin to tell y'all how much your messages have meant to me and my family during this time.

Thank you.

Bob Wright

Latest posts