A post gone awry..........

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
My recent post, Steppin' up on my soapbox again......" was a controversial post that I let get out of hand. Instead of lettin sleeping dogs lie, I continued with counterpoints and responses that were better left unpublished. For this I truly apologize.

Make no mistake, I'm still of the same opinion as my original post. But that it went further, all downhill, was not my intention.

If I came across as arrogant or holier than thou, I do regret that.

Bob Wright

stevemb

Hunter
I don't see how you let it get outta hand. We are perfectly capable of getting outta hand all by ourselves with no help from anyone ! Call'em the way you see them Bob Wright.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I don't think you let it get out of hand. Sometimes people have different opinions about things and combine that with the subject of drugs and/or alcohol and the different opinions can clash. As long as folks remain respectful, like you did, talk and discussion and opinion remains just that and nobody gets hurt.

Keep up the good posts, very interesting. :D

graygun

Hunter
I was part of it and should not have accused you of thinking you may be glad he was dead.

stevemb

Hunter
A "Thread" to me is like a room of people standing around an empty, bare table. One person steps forward and places an idea on the table, then shares an opinion on that idea, then steps back. A risk is taken to share. Keep sharing folks.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Bob, you did nothing wrong in your thread that I can see... There's an old quote that comes to mind at times like this, though I generally remember a paraphrased version. The original is attributed to Aristotle:

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

The paraphrased version came from an old boss, and though he said it long before they existed, may fit forum discussions a little better at times:

"Education is what allows me to listen to your opinion without getting mad!"

The Internet has certainly brought the wisdom of either version to the forefront, in both good and bad forms! A lot of "smart" people are just that, while not being nearly as well "educated" as they may think, or try to make us think... we may even have seen one or two of them right here! ;)

Rick C

SATCOM

Blackhawk
Mr.Wright,

I don't know you except from your RF posts. I see you as a true southern gentleman and a man to emulate. How you treat your family, your church members, strangers and all of the the young people you advise and tutor result in the utmost respect and admiration. It can be seen in your stories, tales, and social interactions. You seem to have been and are father and grandfather to a couple of generations. Besides you are a big tall gentleman that wears a cowboy hat.

Just my observations.

SATCOM

No problems Bob! I have seen, read and enjoyed a great many posts from you. I always keep in mind my goofy husband and his thoughts about everything online...when you turn off the PC it is another day ahead of you.

blume357

Hawkeye
You got me to go read the post Bob and make a response... a few personalities did clash in the post but I think it was more that folks tend to disagree on other issues and so read the others post differently than was intended....

Latest posts