A new 2 Dogs front sight LAST CALL

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2 dogs

Buckeye
Besides the replacement sights for the Single 6/7s http://singleactions.proboards.com/thread/22502/dogs-custom-single-sights-update and the BFRs http://singleactions.proboards.com/thread/22743/custom-steel-front-sight-updated I am taking orders for another front sight that is intended to fix all the Ruger single actions that have a too short front sight. This will be a scaled up version of the Single Six sight and a full .670" tall with a bit thicker body to maintain a sense of proportion. There is enough blade there to satisfy the heavy bullet for caliber crew for sure.

These sights are intended to be silver soldered in place and will not have a screw hole. The barrel contour will match your Blackhawk and Super Blackhawk sixguns. These will come with serrations and be .125" wide standard. Initial pricing is set at 49.00 Initial pricing is set at 49.00 until I break 35 units and I can reduce the price to 42 dollars and at 50 orders I can do 35 dollars.

Options include cutting to desired height and contouring the topline. The .125" blade can be thinned to .115", .110", .100" all the way to .085" as you desire. This sight has been exceptionally popular and everyone of my clients has been thrilled with the improvement in their sight picture.

Get your Blackhawk or Super Blackhawk back in service. Once all the deposits are in, I expect delivery in about 4 weeks.

Here is the updated list:

01. steve DOT tracy AT comcast DOT net....1 sight
02. dennischeryl45 AT sbcglobal DOT net....1 sight
03. budmcdonald41 AT yahoo DOT com ....2 sights
04. hghunter44 AT msn AT com.....1 sight
05. Dicciardello AT gmail DOT com....4 sights
06. cannon AT cannonleather DOT com....3 sights
07. gpspero 64 at G mail dot com....3 sights
08. nelssale AT frii DOT com....2 sights
09. nblackman AT corblu DOT com....1 sight
10. kratzerj AT verizon DOT net....1 sight
11. edwosika AT gmail DOT com....1 sight
12. dickd2_56 AT hotmail DOT com....1 sight
13. texasfivegun AT yahoo DOT com....2 sights
14. stobbm AT aol DOT com....1 sight
15. Nascarsal at aol....2 sight
16. gumboot65 AT g Mail Dot Com....2 sights
17. helferstout AT hotmail DOT com....1 sight
18. knivek41 AT yahoo DOT com...3 sights

32 Total 28 to go!

2 dogs

Buckeye
A note from John Taffin:

Back in 1964 when Ruger went to the adjustable-sighted Single-Six .22 they really did it right by making the front sight an easy to see post rather than the ramp sights which are tougher to see in bright sunlight and
they also attached them with a screw to make them easily interchangeable. Somehow they got away from thisstyle sight over the years. Now Fermin Garza is offering replacement sights with an easy to see post which is the best I
have encountered in over 70 years of shooting. These are custom sights which are easy to install simply by using one screw and they are also custom in that you can order the height you want as well as the width, with most shooters
going for 1/8"or 1/10"widths.
I have installed these Garza Custom Sights on three .327 Single-Sevens, three .32 Magnum Single-Sixes, and I just ordered six more for .22s, Single-Sixes, Single-Nines, and Single-Tens. Not only are these provided in the
height and width desired they are also high quality and nicely finished. Those of you who purchased the Shootist's Bisley Model 7-1/2" .44 Specials can now have custom front sights of the correct height.
The sights are not only as described they are also exceptionally reasonable in price especially when one considers the custom specifications which are available. I highly recommend them. GOOD SHOOTIN' AND GOD BLESS, JOHN
TAFFIN

Bump for s good product:

I bought a sight a while back. It is good quality and does exactly what it's supposed to do. I have no idea why Ruger likes short front sights on the single six. So thank you 2 dogs for making a great replacement.

sixshot

Buckeye
I also have one on my Single Six 32 magnum & it is a wonderful sight & very well done by Fermin. Great price for the quality of work.

Dick

2 dogs

Buckeye
OK, I am hoping you guys will come together and use your combined buying power and help me get you a front sight for 35 dollars to replace the one that you already have on your Ruger that is too short and won't zero.

Bobby Tyler of Tyler Gun works will do the sight change for 125 US. This includes taking your barrel off, taking the old sight off, cleaning the barrel surface under the old sight, silver soldering the new unit in place, recrowning your barrel, and reblueing and reinstalling your barrel.

While the barrel is off the sixgun is the time to have the barrel warning removed and if you want a shortened barrel or a Taylor throat cut there's no better time.

I know it's July and everybody is on vacation but even if you don't plan to have your sixgun fixed right away you might think about picking up a couple of these sights to put away in your parts box.

I need your email address to sign you up. I will be closing this soon. Thanks!!

2 dogs

Buckeye
I'll bet all you guys are spending time with the family around the swimming pool draining Pina Coladas and Margaritas and the last thing on your mind is fixing your sixgun.

I'm just worried I'm going to shut down this group buy and as soon as I do guys are going to want sights...

2 dogs

Buckeye
Little by little we are creeping up there. If this helps, here is a scaled down version for a Bearcat that was intentionally left tall for the new owner to file to his desired height. This beautiful Bearcat was done by Tyler Gun Works who I recommend you use to install your new front sight. It would be a great chance to update your Ruger sixgun with Bobby's gorgeous case color finish work. https://www.tylergunworks.com/
ylB52l8.jpg

Latest posts