A modest beginning

Help Support Ruger Forum:

egl52

Single-Sixer
Finally picked up a 416 Rigby that I've been wanting for years and thought I would share a couple pictures. I think it fits in well with my other wood-stocked Rugers. Shown are my 30-06 Express, the new 416 Magnum, a Woodside, and a Gold Label. Next up I'll be looking for a couple No. 1's I think. Sorry for the low quality pictures.

WP_000006.jpg

WP_000005.jpg

egl52

Single-Sixer
I like it very much! I had to sacrifice 3 other guns to raise the funds to buy it, but I haven't regretted it yet. It's wonderful to carry upland hunting. Here's another picture of it in action at my cousin's game farm. Again, sorry for the low quality.

ericsfirstpheasant-Copy.jpg

egl52

Single-Sixer
Thanks, me too. It was a lucky shot (the picture I mean; shooting the pheasant was easy at that range). If only the dog had been more visible it would have been perfect.

egl52

Single-Sixer
scramjet said:
Very neat shot (camera and shotgun). Where in Wi are you located?

Tom

I'm in southeast Wisconsin. That shot with the pheasant was taken at The Highlands Sportsmen's Club in Cascade, WI. It's a very nice place, but quite expensive. I have a very generous cousin that brings me along sometimes. :D

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
Nothing modest about that...those Gold Label shotguns are fetching as much as the car I drive to work.

That is a VERY nice collection with some wonderful wood. Oh goodness you will get addicted if you start adding No. 1 rifles to the mix!

egl52, welcome to the forum. Great guns you have there! Great picture too! I'm glad that you are taking your Gold Label in the field and enjoying it. I haven't had mine in the field in a few seasons but may be I'll get up the nerve next year.

egl52

Single-Sixer
Highstandardguy said:
I_Like_Pie said:
Nothing modest about that...those Gold Label shotguns are fetching as much as the car I drive to work.

Come on Pie, you can't start this. 22/45s cost more than I paid for the car I drive to work. :lol:

It should make you guys happy to know that any one of those four guns I pictured are worth more than my car. Not sure if that means my priorities are in order or out of order...

M'BOGO

Buckeye
egl52 said:
Highstandardguy said:
I_Like_Pie said:

Come on Pie, you can't start this. 22/45s cost more than I paid for the car I drive to work. :lol:

It should make you guys happy to know that any one of those four guns I pictured are worth more than my car. Not sure if that means my priorities are in order or out of order...

Well, most cars do nothing but depreciate. At least most quality firearms hold their value with inflation. You seem rational to from here.

egl52

Single-Sixer
My cousin invited me back out to Highlands Sportsman's Club again recently. The main purpose was sporting clays, but we got a little "hunting" in too. The dog, a German shorthair pointer, that you can barely see in the shot where I'm about to shoot the pheasant had to be put down this spring (she was 11 years old and was having some bad seizures), so it was a bit of bittersweet trip. We managed to scratch a few birds out of the weeds, though the new dog (me) isn't as adept at retrieving. It's only a game farm though, so finding the birds is easy. I used my Woodside for sporting clays, but it wouldn't feel right to leave my Gold Label in the car when after birds, so I switched it up. It was fun time with my Rugers.

WP_000161.jpg